Derby County 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 10/09/16 - Post-match reaction from pg 16

BlueStar

At the risk of being shot, saw shades of Duff in Ritchie's performance tonight.

Thought all game that he was very hesitant to get past his man and just kept possession by passing it backwards.

I see where you're coming from, but Ritchie's not a ineffective little c***. Ritchie's intelligence is there to see imo.

Yeah, I didn't mean it in a negative way but can see how it reminded someone of Duff.

What's the name of the lass in the Sky studio? I think she's mega pretty :D

Isn't it Kenny Dalglish's daughter, Kelly?

Yikes! Looks like it, haha. Thanks!

When you're stroking you're corn in the cob to Kelly, try not to think of her Dad's happy face peering at you...

Just got back from the game, watched it in the Derby end. A performance that reminded me a lot of our best away wins under Hughton in the 09/10 season. Really well disciplined and frankly never looked like conceding. I was sat right in front of Gouffran as he hit that volley and I don't think I've seen a sweeter strike.

Sels - 6

Anita - 7

Mbemba - 6

Lascelles - 8

Dummett - 6

Ritchie - 7

Shelvey - 8

Colback - 7

Gouffran - 7

Diame - 6

Gayle - 7

Maybe that puts the "Newcarstle should have went for Pearson, Rafa isn't experienced in the championship" crap to bed for a while.

Who the f*** said that?

Thank you :)

I remember Ray Parlour saying we should have went for Rafa as well. Most of the talks port brigade said the same.

This post suggests you're the one on the port, like.

:lol:

I obviously don't care because we won and it seems reasonably effective under Rafa, but i will never enjoy watching us put up two banks of four and containing a team.

Didn't matter because Derby ideas stopped at long aimless balls and crap crosses but still.

Didnt we just pretty much go a year without winning an away game. There will be some ugly wins required in this league, especially away from home. We did what was needed to be done.

The game plan worked perfectly.

Yeah like everyone else you are completely missing the point. Of course the game plan worked perfectly, i'm talking about how i felt during the game. I'm not used to seeing it work so thus got nervous that a goal was going to happen which is hardly surprising considering how many times we have done this and conceded from absolutely nothing.

Obviously i don't give a shit now, but during the game watching it wasn't exactly something i was comfortable with considering that usually it means we lose. I'll be fine after a few wins mind.

Whatever it worked and hopefully it will work in the future, but considering the recent history of this football club i don't see what's so surprising about my comment tbh.

So high after this game, thought everyone played great even the ginger nightmare was less horrible than usual and no doubt he started with Hayden in mind for QPR on Tuesday.

Really loving how we are hitting teams with the dagger late on in the last few games. Early leads, late insurance goals, a tight team with a fucking plan, I could get into this Rafa Benitez stuff!

It's becoming more and more apparent that there's no-one to fear in this league. Not saying we'll steamroller everyone but we should be frightened of anyone. In complete control from start to finish and the confidence is building and building.

Wasn't a pretty performance but it was effective and Derby never looked like creating anything.

Was difficult not celebrating in with the Derby fans for the goals :lol:

Also was very impressed with Ritchie, he was constantly vocal, instructing the team and just generally switched on at all times.

I obviously don't care because we won and it seems reasonably effective under Rafa, but i will never enjoy watching us put up two banks of four and containing a team.

Didn't matter because Derby ideas stopped at long aimless balls and crap crosses but still.

Didnt we just pretty much go a year without winning an away game. There will be some ugly wins required in this league, especially away from home. We did what was needed to be done.

The game plan worked perfectly.

. I'll be fine after a few wins mind.

5 in a row not good enough? :)

It's becoming more and more apparent that there's no-one to fear in this league. Not saying we'll steamroller everyone but we should be frightened of anyone. In complete control from start to finish and the confidence is building and building.

Biggest tests are going to be the teams we got relegated with, both which we play this month.

Huddersfield have got off to a good start but they will fall away sooner or later.

7 goals from set pieces so far this season apparently, amazing considering how s*** they've been for years.

It's a change from the old set penis anyway  :D

Good to see Rafa getting them practicing areas we've been known to be weak in.

Who knows Ayoze's run for the corner when he had it could be a scenario practiced in training for when we're leading in the dying minutes. Or it was just brilliant vision and awareness from Shelvey. With Rafa's brilliance and Shelveys recent improvements either is possible.

No major complaints.

Still not feeling Shelvey though. Want a team that is Premiership proof being built this season and don't think he's the man. Nor Colback, obviously. Happy with the 3 points though it doesn't sound it [emoji38]

Thought he ran the show. Manoeuvred us around the pitch beautifully I felt. Even  Cockblock was half decent.

Yeah, I thought Shelvey was excellent again. So efficient with the ball

At the risk of being defensive, it's Shelvey off the ball that concerns me most.

No major complaints.

Still not feeling Shelvey though. Want a team that is Premiership proof being built this season and don't think he's the man. Nor Colback, obviously. Happy with the 3 points though it doesn't sound it [emoji38]

Thought he ran the show. Manoeuvred us around the pitch beautifully I felt. Even  Cockblock was half decent.

Yeah, I thought Shelvey was excellent again. So efficient with the ball

At the risk of being defensive, it's Shelvey off the ball that concerns me most.

Couple of tackles he made while on a yellow card had my heart in my mouth.

Scenes in the away end, what's the song we were singing in stoppage time?

Ritchie's f***ing magic, he wears a magic hat, He could've signed for West Ham, but he said no f*** that, he wants to play for Rafa in the famous black and white, and when we win the Championship we'll sing this song all night.

:thup:

Added a line :thup:

Quality chant.