Derby County 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 10/09/16 - Post-match reaction from pg 16

BlueStar

I obviously don't care because we won and it seems reasonably effective under Rafa, but i will never enjoy watching us put up two banks of four and containing a team.

Didn't matter because Derby ideas stopped at long aimless balls and crap crosses but still.

Aye it was boring.

I enjoy comfortable 2-0 away victories like. Years of being bummed away and we're grumbling. Howay.

Completely agree. Never felt in danger, always thought.we might catch them on the counter. Delighted.

I obviously don't care because we won and it seems reasonably effective under Rafa, but i will never enjoy watching us put up two banks of four and containing a team.

Didn't matter because Derby ideas stopped at long aimless balls and crap crosses but still.

Aye it was boring.

I enjoy comfortable 2-0 away victories like. Years of being bummed away and we're grumbling. Howay.

I'll enjoy it when they consistently come tbh, today despite the reality of the situation still felt nervous they might get lucky due to years of fuck ups. Also i'm not really groaning, don't take that from my post at all. I'm obviously happy as fuck now, but during the game i thought we were going to get fucked due to years of seeing it happen again and again.

Glad to see it didn't happen, once we consistently get results this way i'll be used to it.

Guest firetotheworks

At the risk of being shot, saw shades of Duff in Ritchie's performance tonight.

Thought all game that he was very hesitant to get past his man and just kept possession by passing it backwards.

I see where you're coming from, but Ritchie's not a ineffective little cunt. Ritchie's intelligence is there to see imo.

Maybe that puts the "Newcarstle should have went for Pearson, Rafa isn't experienced in the championship" crap to bed for a while.

Who the f*** said that?

Thank you :)

I remember Ray Parlour saying we should have went for Rafa as well. Most of the talks port brigade said the same.

This post suggests you're the one on the port, like.

Didnt we just pretty much go a year without winning an away game. There will be some ugly wins required in this league, especially away from home. We did what was needed to be done.

The game plan worked perfectly.

Always had a little soft spot for Derby, like Pride Park. There were a lot of potential banana skins with this game, not least the pace and three debuts. Good result.

LaBemba - Solid

Shelvey - Solid

Ritchie - A Beaut -also another mention for his great partnership with Vurnon. They look good and work solidly together.

Likewise Dummett and Gouffran.

Diame - Showed some beautiful skills and perseverance today

Back to Gouffran - Got the goal his performances have deserved.

Sels - Another confidence boost, was never really troubled and will grow in confidence

Talking - Great talking all over the pitch - from Ritchie, Anita to Lascelles and Mbemba lots of talking to each other. The former two were beckoning the team not to sit back and push up which was great to see.

Negatives

Colback didn't play horrifically and will start again soon. (happy to repost until we see some consistent improvement)

Gayle/top striker - Still Isolated for most of the game, which is going to be the case with these tactics.

The defensive sit back - I know thats the Benitez way to go cautious but it doesn't make for comfortable viewing. Lucky the players are clearly drilled and switched on (mostly)