Newcastle United vs Wolves - 17/09/16 @ 15.00 - Pre Match Thread

Nobody

I have a tiny feeling that Gayle, Mitrovic and Lazaar will start this game with Gayle starting on the left and playing very centrally and offensively when in attack, with Lazaar providing width on the left with lots of forward runs. Not sure it's going to work but it wouldn't surprise me if he tried it out, with Diame or Perez behind Mitro. And then let Murphy start in our second game against them.

Or maybe i'm just talking shit :lol: Or maybe he'll just play instead of Perez/Diame but in another more advanced way.

We're rapidly catching up to 2009/2010 now. After seven games then we were 5-1-1 (F10 A3). At the moment we're 5-0-2 (F16 A4). A win on Saturday and then first eight game form repeated over the season projects to 103.5 points.

Excellent recovery after a poor start. For the record, game eight in 2009/2010 was a 3-1 home win over Plymouth. After a nice run of clean sheets I'd hate to concede, but that's being picky. Ultimately I'd take that and another three points now.

:thup:

Not worried at all about us being complacent, never mind under Rafa. I bet the players are desperate to play now and think football is funnier than ever right now. Also quite a few who haven't really had the chance to prove themselves yet.

4-0.

Diame in the hole and Gayle up front is my prediction. Suspect there may be one change in the defense.

I would like to see Mitro start up there again.  He's never going to be prolific.  But he is a different option for when we do go long and his hold up play really helps our other attacking players. 

I watched Wolves' highlights against Barnsley.  They seemed to have most the chances, should have scored a couple and looked half decent.  Then Barnsley scored in the 73rd minute and somehow netted three more :lol:  Complete meltdown. 

2-0 win.  Ritchie and Perez.

Don't understand how anyone can say "he's never going to be prolific" :lol: .Lad has time on his side, lots of time.

Because from watching him.  He looks awkward with the ball at his feet, he's slow,  misses a lot of chances and he doesn't look natural striking a ball in front of goal.  I'm not saying I am going to hold him to a ratio similar to Shearer or Aguero , as a yardstick :lol: I just don't think he'll ever be someone who we rely on for regular goals. 

This sounds like I am slating him.  I'm not.  I really rate him and he is probably my favourite player.  I just don't think he'll be consistently scoring for us a lot of goals per season for us. 

Love that we haven't got a bloody clue what Rafa will do, but we're all fine with whatever he goes with :aww:

He did a fantastic job in building a full squad with options for each position which are more than the sum of their parts. Anyone can come in and play to his game plan and we'll look competent, hell even Colback looked semi-usefull in his last match ffs

Don't understand how anyone can say "he's never going to be prolific" :lol: .Lad has time on his side, lots of time.

Because from watching him.  He looks awkward with the ball at his feet, he's slow,  misses a lot of chances and he doesn't look natural striking a ball in front of goal.  I'm not saying I am going to hold him to a ratio similar to Shearer or Aguero , as a yardstick :lol: I just don't think he'll ever be someone who we rely on for regular goals. 

This sounds like I am slating him.  I'm not.  I really rate him and he is probably my favourite player.  I just don't think he'll be consistently scoring for us a lot of goals per season for us. 

Fair enough :thup: i can see your point but it's just the word "never" that bothers me. Anyways, good to have him back. And thanks for sharing all you've said about the game :)