Newcastle United 0-2 Wolverhampton Wanderers - post-match from pg. 17

Disco

From my viewpoint I thought Sels could have saved it, wasn't hit with a huge amount of pace either.

I've been kind to him up until now, but I don't really see what he offers that Darlow doesn't.

I'm the same. I know what Rafa said about not having enough GK's was true in respect to injuries to Krul and Elliot. I don't see why we didn't loan a GK in to cover Darlow with Woodman. Not saying Sels won't be a success and i hope he is but he certainly looks a bit iffy so far.

Their second goal is right in the corner, I don't think you can blame him for that. Clearly Ayoze shouldn't have given the ball away and one of the defenders should probably have tried to engage the goalscorer quicker but I don't think Sels is at fault.

Don't think he was at fault for Huddersfield's 2nd either

Wasn't right in the corner. I was sat right behind it.

Looks pretty close to me like

http://i.imgur.com/I2mWezi.jpg

That shows it wasn't right in the corner when it went beyond Sells and over the line, if it was it , from the angle of the shot, it would have gone into the netting on the side not the back.

He side foots it so it could have curled from outside the post to back into the post. 

It could have. But it didn't.

I'll  blame other people for the goal rather than blame a goalkeeper to try and stop a free shot on the edge of the area that's right in the corner of the net and not on his near post :thup:

Their second goal is right in the corner, I don't think you can blame him for that. Clearly Ayoze shouldn't have given the ball away and one of the defenders should probably have tried to engage the goalscorer quicker but I don't think Sels is at fault.

That shows it wasn't right in the corner when it went beyond Sells and over the line, if it was it , from the angle of the shot, it would have gone into the netting on the side not the back.

He side foots it so it could have curled from outside the post to back into the post. 

I'll  blame other people for the goal rather than blame a goalkeeper to try and stop a free shot on the edge of the area that's right in the corner of the net and not on his near post :thup:

If you think that was right in the corner then there is something wrong you. It was towards the corner but it certainly wasn't right in the corner.

Plenty of other people to blame as well but I was right behind it and in line with it from where my ST seat is, Sells position was awful and made it easy for the Wolves player to stroke it in.

Decent 'keeper saves it, simple as that.

He should have saved it mind. His positioning was awful. Almost identical to Huddersfield's winner in the same goal.

People mentioning their second goal, but their first came from a counter attack from an absolute shocker of a pass by Hayden (?), it was a simple 10'yard pass under no pressure given straight to an opposition player with 20 yards of open space to run into.

People mentioning their second goal, but their first came from a counter attack from an absolute shocker of a pass by Hayden (?), it was a simple 10'yard pass under no pressure given straight to an opposition player with 20 yards of open space to run into.

Was Lascelles. There were some really terrible passes today from the back

Really poor display, Gayle looked lost in their back 4. Perez is useless out wide, Dummett will no doubt get stick off everyone, but where he was wasn't he's fault, he made a run forward into space and was the obvious easy option only for Lascelles to play it inside and lose possession and ultimately leave Dummett in no man's land pretty crap from Lascelles.

But he wasn't the only player who couldn't pass a ball today many were guilty of poor passing and playing balls into danger.Wolves left their back four on the middle of the pitch just kept pressing us back, very good from them, Mo Diame was way off the pace haven't a clue why but really poor, subs should have come at half time not later, can't think of a player who looked like they had followed any kind of game plan.

Think Rafa's selection was poor, I know he likes to change things, but the side that beat qpr should possibly have started.

Don't really want to see much more of this 1 up top crap it's boring and shite and doesn't offer the isolated striker much.

Especially if he's a midget.

?

Worth adding another sellout, but no atmosphere. Wolves fans going from beginning to end, us usual 17th minute applause, that's about it. Place is like a morgue.

No wonder that lot were singing "Is this a library"

Touches like elephants, couldn't pass the ball five yards, gave away possession far too easily and could have played for another four hours and still not scored!!! Just one of this days, not at the races.

Sels positioning for their second was beyond woeful mind, absolute shite.

s**** the day that. Won 6 in a row, so f*** that, we're mint.

One point though. First time Sels has been tested. Know it's not cool to criticise him, but fuckinf atrocious. Soz.

You're not allowed to criticise him as before today he hadn't conceded a single goal in 5 games (or whatever), so he's been doing everything right.

s**** the day that. Won 6 in a row, so f*** that, we're mint.

One point though. First time Sels has been tested. Know it's not cool to criticise him, but fuckinf atrocious. Soz.

You're not allowed to criticise him as before today he hadn't conceded a single goal in 5 games (or whatever), so he's been doing everything right.

Lurl, people who have got nowt to do wit games could not care less. He's shite though like.

If you change a team after you win 6-0 obviously some of the players wont have the same momentum. It drove some Liverpool fans crazy, it probably will with us as well. But the number one goal is promotion, doesn't really matter how we achieve it as long as we do it.

Nowt wrong with changing a player or two, it was the change of the whole pattern that drove me mental.

Goalkeeper experts back out in force I see.

You don't need to be a goalkeeper expert to see that he should have done better wih that shot - he needs to be dropped as he looks a nervous wreck in everything he does currently and that's one position you can't afford to have that.