League Cup 4th Round - Preston (h), to be played Tuesday 25th October

joeyt

With the amount of decent prem teams that will be going out.  Then if we get through, we have a chance of getting a slightly more favourable matchup in the quarters.  If not another Championship team, then a lower prem team at home would be alright.  Be a good yardstick to see where we are. 

Not to look too far ahead, as I'm sure we'll cock it up.  But if we got through and we end up getting a bad draw.  Then Chelsea, West Ham or Arsenal away would be alright.  As at least I'd be able to go to the game. 

Tickets are £10 again.

Aye, £20 for on the day tickets. They must really want people to buy tickets ahead of time instead.

Not surprised tbh, they had an absolute mare with the cash turnstiles on Tuesday. I queued for about half an hour and missed the first 15 mins, had to open more cash turnstiles with people sprinting from one queue to another. Chaos.

Newcastle United's EFL Cup last 16 tie with Preston North End will be played on Tuesday, 25th October, with a 7.45pm kick-off at St. James' Park.

Rafa Benitez's side welcome fellow Sky Bet Championship side Preston to Tyneside for their third home game in the competition so far, having dispatched Cheltenham Town and Wolverhampton Wanderers - on Tuesday night - in rounds two and three respectively.

And, in order to ease pressure on the cash turnstiles on the day, supporters are encouraged to buy their tickets in advance, with ticket prices for the fourth round match set at £10 for adults and £3 for concessions, rising to £20 for adults and £10 for concessions for purchases made on the day or at the turnstiles.

After Tuesday's night's 2-0 third round win over Wolves was watched by a large crowd of over 34,000, United fans will have the opportunity to fill the lower stadium bowl, with the travelling Preston supporters due to be seated in their usual space in Level 7 of the Leazes Stand.

The two sides will meet each other in the EFL Cup for the first time this season, with a league clash between the Magpies and Preston set to take place at Deepdale on Saturday, 29th October - just four days after they face each other at St. James' Park.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20160922/preston-cup-clash-date-confirmed_2281670_5914822

Hopefully get above 40k for this one.

I wonder why we now play home cup matches on Tuesdays as they used to virtually always be Wednesdays?!

I wondered if that was something to do with Rafa.  More time to prepare for the Saturday game perhaps?

Surely you can't choose when a game is scheduled?