League Cup 4th Round - Preston (h), to be played Tuesday 25th October

joeyt

I reckon it will be Preston. Play them in the league the weekend after the next round and it often seems to happen that clubs seem to get whoever they have in the league that week. Us/ wolves city/ Swansea

I want any winnable game to get to the QF. If it is a premiership team away wouldn't mind as long as it would be a good away day like Liverpool or West Ham

Well done lad!

Happens all the time

Out by a factor of 10 on the Sissoko fee, wind your neck in.

Now now

O0

Another home draw, is this real life?

To be fair we have had quite favourable draws in recent years in the cup, we have just chosen to chuck them away.

I can't remember the last tough draw we had in the FA cup.

I'm taking nothing for granted, learnt my lesson in that wolves game. Over half a chance of playing one of the top teams in the quarters too if we get there.

Be good to be competing in the latter stages of cups again though and with Rafa this time who knows

To be fair we have had quite favourable draws in recent years in the cup, we have just chosen to chuck them away.

I'm taking nothing for granted, learnt my lesson in that wolves game. Over half a chance of playing one of the top teams in the quarters too if we get there.

Be good to be competing in the latter stages of cups again though and with Rafa this time who knows

We never seem to be at home in the FA Cup. Can only remember one home FA Cup tie in the last 6 years and it was Cardiff in 2013-14?

We never seem to be at home in the FA Cup. Can only remember one home FA Cup tie in the last 6 years and it was Cardiff in 2013-14?

Always been given winnable games though that we have mainly thrown.

Off the top of my head in the last 10 year or so we have had Stevenage, Brighton x2, Cardiff, Leicester when they played there reserves, Watford, Plymouth,  Birmingham, hull

League or cup first?

League first, both hopefully. The cup will come anyway if Rafa's still here as long as Pardew was.

I think people are underestimating how hard it'll be for us to win a cup, even if Rafa stays 5 years.

Agreed. In our position we should be treating every opportunity like its our last. He's our best chance for sure.

If I was Rafa, the Preston game would be another rotation exercise but I'd be going all guns blazing if we made it into the quarters. With the semis being over two legs, there's every chance of getting to the final.

Worth pointing out that we're at home prior to the Preston game (Ipswich on the 22nd Oct), so that'll benefit us again.

The quarter-final fixture, should we get there, would follow a home game too (Blackburn on the 26th Nov).

Likewise for the semi-final second leg (Rotherham at home on the 21st Jan).

If I was Rafa, the Preston game would be another rotation exercise but I'd be going all guns blazing if we made it into the quarters. With the semis being over two legs, there's every chance of getting to the final.

Surely if you are the weaker team it's better to have a one leg game?