Newcastle United 4 - 3 Norwich City - 28/09/16 - Post-match bed-wetting from p39

Dave

I think now the dust has settled that I can admit that I left at 2-3 and only knew we'd won when the Terrace bar was going mental as I was walking past.

Gayles second goal reminded me a bit of the one Perez scored against Tottenham (?) where he got his shot off almost instantly after the first touch, so rapidly! Gayles was probably even more impressive given the speed it was done at.

Can't stop watching the players celebrating the late two goals like crazy :lol: Everyone is off the map. Love scenes like these :lol:

The fat pitch invader sliding on his knees on the halfway line and making almost zero attempt to get away from the stewards as he was that elated was canny as well.

I think now the dust has settled that I can admit that I left at 2-3 and only knew we'd won when the Terrace bar was going mental as I was walking past.

Will you be leaving early next game you go to ?

Will you be leaving early next game you go to ?

Me and the bairn will be helping them take the nets down.........................never again.

Can't stop watching the players celebrating the late two goals like crazy :lol: Everyone is off the map. Love scenes like these :lol:

The fat pitch invader sliding on his knees on the halfway line and making almost zero attempt to get away from the stewards as he was that elated was canny as well.

Forgot about that in amongst everything else. What a bloody night!

Unreal match, one of the best I've been to. There was alot of people who would have missed the comeback however the masses of people in the walkways seemed to make the celebrations even more wild. Thought I was gonna have a heart attack. So so good.

Btw mitro has to start with gayle from now on. Also Dummet could do with a spell out, the fans crucify him and he barely has the confidence/ability to pass a ball

Darlow 6 - no chance on any of the goals, kicking is woeful.

Yedlin 7 - great option going forward if a bit poor positionally

Lascelles 6 - did alright although Norwich won a lot of headers

Clark 6.5 - see Lascelles but with better play out from the back

Dummett 6 - standard Dummett performance

Ritchie 7.5 - class above, needless booking

Shelvey 9 - best player on the pitch by an absolute mile

Colback 4 - waste of shirt and a totally unnecessary card which put him under pressure

Gouffran 6.5 - brainless challenge for the pen but took his goal well

Diame 5.5 - had his moments but looked a bit of the pace

Gayle 9 - didn't let his head drop, great movement and goals.

Eh?

I've only seen the highlights so I can't really comment, but Dummett's cross for Ritchie's header against the bar surely makes this anything but a standard Dummett performance.

I think Disco was being generous with a 6. One good cross doesn't constitute a good performance.

I never said it was a good performance though did I? I said it wasn't a standard performance.

Given his reputation of never going beyond the half way line, my point stands.

my skunk oracles are 100%!! :snod:

Bulivye's Two Prophetic Skunks (skunks=another Makem term of endearment for us, btw) and Sky cameraman sneezes= Rafa brings on "Atsu" in added time and we score two goals. Do I believe in superstition? Or some elaborate trans-Atlantic (trans-species) corruption scandal which runs so deep it involves Sky employees... :kasper: ...psychosis beckons.

This result and other results like the Wolves loss at home seem typical of a side still settling down in my opinion. There's loads of new players who will take time getting used to playing with each other at a new club and in a new country for some.

Season doesn't start probably until October and I'd expect the side to settle down more with less highs and lows and more consistently professional performances.

How does the season not start until we've played nearly 25% of the games?

Ofcourse it's started :lol: I mean when the injuries and suspensions kick in for all teams and true form starts to tell that's when I've a,ways felt the season has started if not numerically speaking. Teams who you might not have predicted to do well and have started well often start to drop off around this time.  We are a new team, we are still settling down and therefore I think we'all continue to improve because we have better depth than others.

Realistically we should finish the season stronger than we started. We have a window plus £30m in the bank so no worry there. But I think we should be settling down now. Maybe it's Rafas rotation policy which is causing a longer settling time? Still be with it in the long run, this club just isn't used to having a squad.

One thing I don't buy is that It's taking time to wipe that losing mentality. Tbh the games we struggled in have been down to tactics more than anything else. He needs to do it his way and that's fine, just expected a little more form easily the best squad in the division even if it's early doors.

Realistically we should finish the season stronger than we started. We have a window plus £30m in the bank so no worry there. But I think we should be settling down now. Maybe it's Rafas rotation policy which is causing a longer settling time? Still be with it in the long run, this club just isn't used to having a squad.

One thing I don't buy is that It's taking time to wipe that losing mentality. Tbh the games we struggled in have been down to tactics more than anything else. He needs to do it his way and that's fine, just expected a little more form easily the best squad in the division even if it's early doors.

They were talking about todays line up on Total Sport last night, and Anderson was saying whilst he would expect midfield and forwards to be rotated, he thought Rafa should be settling on a fixed back four, as they are important to play alongside each other regularly.

Whilst I can see that argument, I also think rotating them (certainly pre-christmas) is the way to go. If you play a steady back 4 regularly, then ne or two get injured, you bring in one or two squad players who have to adapt to the system/other players quickly.

With the rotation policy, some squad players are playing semi-regularly alongside the 'first choices' like Lascelles. So if/when they have to come in, then they still know how to play alongside each other.

I still think its great that we have such a squad where all players know they are going to get chances, so they are hopefully more ready to come in/on, as they know they are going to get chances to play.