Newcastle United 4 - 3 Norwich City - 28/09/16 - Post-match bed-wetting from p39

Dave

Think that this is a huge moment for the squad’s development, like. We’re certainly a grittier outfit than years gone, as evidenced by the dogged performances against the likes of Bristol f***ing City, but I’ve not been able to shake the feeling that the slight disconnect between the fans and club that still exists was throwing them off a bit when at home. It’s a young squad, after all, to which most have never consistently played in an environment like this before. It always sounds cliché as f*** to say but this group of lads are also still learning to play with one another (whilst being taught a shitload of new tactics, by the sounds of it).

I don’t like the ‘Rafa’s defensive’ stuff that keeps on getting regurgitated, it’s a lazy stereotype. Even last night when we conceded 2 & 3, they were a result of us having bodies pushed forward, combined with lethargic defending (I don’t think that second goes in if Hayden’s on the pitch, btw). He certainly goes to counter more often than not, though, probably because we’re not the most clinical and we did look defensively excellent in that 5 game streak. But it’s simply not doable when we’ve got a big ginger-coloured weak link in the spine of a side that’s trying to be physical and stay compact. It might sound an oversimplification but watching the goals (their only chances, seemingly), he was just f***ing diabolical in both when he should be the key player – I’m sure Benitez will have learnt from it. Basically, whoever partners Shelvey needs to be good defensively when we look to counter more, Colback isn’t.

So we’ve come out of our toughest run of the season looking pretty good. I know we’ve not put together consistently complete performances but we’ve generally played some absolutely excellent stuff in major periods of games against some of the division’s toughest opponents - absolutely penning in two of the best teams (on paper) in the league to the extent that we should’ve been out of sight after 30 minutes and they could barely get out of their half. Their responses have been to nowhere the same quality. That’s the biggest sign, for me, that we’re going to win this, even if we’d lost last night – we’re a level above. Once we add that extra bit of consistency and clinical finishing to the platform that’s already there, which we certainly will, we’re going to run away with it. 

Clark's amazing tackle is easy to forget amongst all the goals and chances but also what about Darlow rushing out to catch the ball and over running the line but somehow putting the ball behind his head to keep it in the box.

An amazing piece of athleticism - not to be attempted by anyone with a beer belly  :lol:

Clark's amazing tackle is easy to forget amongst all the goals and chances but also what about Darlow rushing out to catch the ball and over running the line but somehow putting the ball behind his head to keep it in the box.

An amazing piece of athleticism - not to be attempted by anyone with a beer belly  [emoji38]

Completely forgot about that Darlow incident. I thought he spilled the shot at the end too and a Norwich player was going to nick the ball and make it 4-4

Holy shit, had an awful hangover this morning.

Class game, one of the best game I've been to live for sheer entertainment. Thought we played fantastic first 35-40mins. Really should have been at least 3-0 up, created a lot of chances.

Was stunned when they went 3-1 up - so undeserved  :lol:

Amazing comeback, atmosphere was class, a wonderful night.

An amazing piece of athleticism - not to be attempted by anyone with a beer belly  [emoji38]

Completely forgot about that Darlow incident. I thought he spilled the shot at the end too and a Norwich player was going to nick the ball and make it 4-4

A foot more from his body and the centre forward probably puts that in. He just managed to grasp it second time.

Guest neesy111

Got a feeling this will be this seasons Doncaster moment.  We were on a bad run in the previous promotion campaign and 1-0 down v Doncaster and we managed to win it despite being down to 10 men and them missing a pen.