Newcastle United 6 - 0 PNE (EFL Cup) - 25/10/16 - Post-match reaction from pg 27

BlueStar

Get in! Feels so class winning all the time  :lol:

Won 13 out of last 15 games, and we've scored 40 goals so far this season and it's 25th October FFS!  :lol:

Leeds, Norwich or Hull at home next round please.

:spit:

Absolutely ridiculous.

Won 13 out of last 15 games, and we've scored 40 goals so far this season and it's 25th October FFS!  :lol:

Absolutely ridiculous.

Boring boring Benitez

Absolutely ridiculous.

We scored 44 in the entirety of last season :lol:

Most dominant NUFC performance I've ever seen. Sels made a decent save at 4-0 from a corner, pretty sure they didn't have another shot of any kind bar that.

Mitrovic had an absolute stormer like, even without the goals. We hit the post 3 times and their keeper made a fair few saves and we shot wide a few times too. IT'S an overused cliché but we could have scored ten or eleven.

The annoying thing about some wins, like this one is that you know you should go to fucking bed because you have to go to work early in the morning but you struggle to leave the forum reading all the reactions and feel the happiness :lol:

The annoying thing about some wins, like this one is that you know you should go to f***ing bed because you have to go to work early in the morning but you struggle to leave the forum reading all the reactions and feel the happiness :lol:

This. :lol:

The annoying thing about some wins, like this one is that you know you should go to f***ing bed because you have to go to work early in the morning but you struggle to leave the forum reading all the reactions and feel the happiness :lol:

This; happens every time after such wins lol

Most dominant NUFC performance I've ever seen. Sels made a decent save at 4-0 from a corner, pretty sure they didn't have another shot of any kind bar that.

Mitrovic had an absolute stormer like, even without the goals. We hit the post 3 times and their keeper made a fair few saves and we shot wide a few times too. IT'S an overused cliché but we could have scored ten or eleven.

Yep. Eclipses the West Ham rout under Keegan. As dominant a performance as I've ever seen in my 40 years.

Absolutely ridiculous.

We scored 44 in the entirety of last season :lol:

It's unreal. TWO 6-0 wins in consecutive months. Wow.  :lol:

Agreed, we also missed a couple of absolute sitters too. I'm struggling to think of a more one sided game in the nigh on 40 years I've been going.

I had to calm my son down afterwards and explain to him it's not going to be this easy every week.

This. :lol:

Followed by the 41 page thread on the PNE forum :fwap:

I am so tired and pissed and have such a full day tomorrow, but 'dislocated' from home with no one who gives a monkey's chuff about the toon to talk to tomorrow, I know I am going to end-up staying here too long and then watching You Tube footage of great days gone by. And I don't  care. Loving being able to feel proud of the club again; and not just about results. HTL!!!

How was Shelvey btw? Would we have battered them like this had he not come on?

Would have battered them in any case but he was typical Shelvey this season for the most part, if playing at a slower pace because Preston were nowhere. Misplaced quite a few simple passes and made a few odd decisions like which is probably down to him taking it easy.

How was Shelvey btw? Would we have battered them like this had he not come on?

No, and i think with them down to 10 his spreading of play tired them out, was given a ludicrous amount of space as usual. It is basically my only major worry about this team is if we can win reliably without Shelvey. (I think we then become very reliant on Ritchie whom is easier to maybe mark out the game)

Just got home, what an evening that was. Would have won even if they had 15 men. Wonderful to see a team composed on the ball, looking to pass it out of trouble rather than hoof it. Mitro is far more mobile and linked up play really well, the dancing at the end just rounded everything off perfectly, that's why I love Newcastle United.

100% this. Have to be up early for work at 6.30am but too excited man.

That's 8 braces and a hat trick so far this season. From 5 different players an all. Weren't we all worried where the goals would come from after 2 games?

madras still is.

Rafa's getting it all wrong :lol:

He did in the opening games, the middle 2 were far too deep and I'd still say we'd have scored even more with Gayle, Perez or Diame off a target man. We have the biggest and best squad in this division and I don't buy the idea that teams will come here viewing it as their cup final and find play better than normal, rather they'll already be beaten in their minds like we have been so many times at Old Trafford, Highbury, anfield etc.