Newcastle United 6 - 0 PNE (EFL Cup) - 25/10/16 - Post-match reaction from pg 27

BlueStar

That's 8 braces and a hat trick so far this season. From 5 different players an all. Weren't we all worried where the goals would come from after 2 games?

madras still is.

Rafa's getting it all wrong :lol:

He did in the opening games, the middle 2 were far too deep and I'd still say we'd have scored even more with Gayle, Perez or Diame off a target man. We have the biggest and best squad in this division and I don't buy the idea that teams will come here viewing it as their cup final and find play better than normal, rather they'll already be beaten in their minds like we have been so many times at Old Trafford, Highbury, anfield etc.

I do agree with this to be honest but at the end of the day we're still getting the results we need to. I don't believe the above stat is a complete coincidence (obviously the red helped today) with mitro there bothering defenders it creates more space for others than Gayle on his own does.

I was one of the ones who thought we should have just went 4-4-2 like but I've obviously been made a mug of. The formation doesn't even matter, and it's pretty clear Rafa hasn't even changed anything, or that we started the season looking to defend our way to the title. We just weren't ready and looked absolutely shite because of it. They needed that wake-up call everyone was laughing at.

The annoying thing about some wins, like this one is that you know you should go to f***ing bed because you have to go to work early in the morning but you struggle to leave the forum reading all the reactions and feel the happiness :lol:

This. :lol:

Followed by the 41 page thread on the PNE forum :fwap:

Just had a look. Always some absolute dickhead that signs up and makes us all look like the cunts they think we are.

The annoying thing about some wins, like this one is that you know you should go to f***ing bed because you have to go to work early in the morning but you struggle to leave the forum reading all the reactions and feel the happiness :lol:

Just had a look. Always some absolute dickhead that signs up and makes us all look like the cunts they think we are.

Aye I had a quick look, it's embarrassing.

1 or 2 fans make our entire support look like a bunch of creeps.

Just had a look. Always some absolute dickhead that signs up and makes us all look like the c***s they think we are.

Aye I had a quick look, it's embarrassing.

1 or 2 fans make our entire support look like a bunch of creeps.

Aye, that shit is the worst tbf.

It's nights like this that make you remember why you've stuck by this club through the last 10 years. Rafa will never know what he means to our fans for what he has done for us and long may it continue.

Agreed. The last 11 years in fact have been rough for the most part, with the odd break from reality such as KK's return. It's amazing though the difference that having someone who knows what he's doing can have on the general feel of the place :lol:

For the first time in years it feels like we're a normal club again, who won't be the ones to just roll over and be a charity to others. So many players have been pretty much guaranteed their first goal against us, and so many teams have ended terrible droughts against us under managers who didn't have the slightest clue what they were doing.

Link?

Just had a look. Always some absolute dickhead that signs up and makes us all look like the c***s they think we are.

Link?

http://www.pne-online.net/forum/showthread.php?100857-Match-Day-Thread-Newcastle-Utd-v-PNE-25-10-16-KO-19-45-EFL-R4/page23

"Kris1814"

How was Shelvey btw? Would we have battered them like this had he not come on?

we could have already been 2-0 up before the red card and shelvey coming on.

he played well within himself and seemed to be conserving his energies for the weekend.

"Could have got double figures" is a bit of a cliché but tonight we really could have.

Almost every goal we score at present is sublime.

Mitrovic for all the loony bits had an awesome match, his second goal was amazing.

Laugh if you wish but in this league we really do look like Barcelona!

Is there an alarm about to go off and this is all a dream ?

Diame's first goal was a stunner.

Love goals like Mitrovic's second where the entire defense gets super faked.

This season has been brilliant.  :smitten:

Reminded me a little bit of Beardsley vs. Portsmouth.

Cisse's 2nd vs Liverpool in the 2-0 win for me.