Preston North End vs Newcastle United - 29/10/16, 3pm BST

Decky

Darlow

Anita    Lascelles    Clark  Dummett

Hayden  Shelvey

Ritchie        Diame        Gouffran

Gayle

Think he'll play that.  I'd like to somehow fit Mitro in and maybe Atsu.  But I can't see it happening.  I think Yedelin and Atsu will get more starts in home games and it's probably the same for Colback.

Hard to predict this one, but I'm leaning towards another win. Normally after a good run of form something tends to slip up, so loss/draw wouldn't be a surprise. They will want revenge and have home advantage, we may be over confident. Our form has got better throughout this run though, unlike the first run of wins where some were quite tight affairs.

This match is a great test for the players..against a side who have been doing well in the League of late and who we have just thumped but rested many of their first teamers for the cup as did NUFC. We need to get results in games like this and on previous occasions we have flopped after a good performance. Consistency is everything at this level and plenty of people are dying to see us flop again, esp other teams like Villa, Brighton and Norwich who feel aggrieved that we have done so well after relegation and also because we have bought well.

Promotion from this league is all about being able to handle pressure - esp when you are bookies' faves to go back up again - and about grinding out away results against teams who want to knock you down. PNE fall right into that category right now and a win there would dishearten many of our rivals, so we need to go to it.

If Colback's out we could end up with a very strong team.

At a guess:

Atsu      Hayden      Shelvey      Gouffran

Diame

Mitro

Ritchie will start. I can see Atsu getting benched and Gouffran playing, but hopefully not.

What I would play as a front 6:

Hayden  Shelvey

Ritchie        Perez          Atsu

Mitro

(Diame and Gouffran will probably play)