Leeds United 0-2 Newcastle United - 20/11/16 - Post match reaction from page 14

BlueStar

We all get carried away at times and sometimes it's the smallest things that can set it off but the big picture is rosey as fuck for Newcastle. Need to enjoy it as we all know exactly how shit the shit times can be. No need for arguing.

What the hell!? Watched the game at work, kept up in here too and all was going well, get home from work and everyone's at each others throats :lol: take a chill pill guys! It was another professional performance and we were never in danger of losing, sitting pretty at the top and yet arguing about a trivial decision that matters not to the final result.

Where is the love? 💔

This season (so far) vs the Pardew fifth vs the Hughton promotion?

Hard to say as this season was somewhat expected whereas the other two it was more of a surprise and obviously the 5th season had disastrous follow on consequences.

So like madras I'll go for not guilty.

I was expecting to go up in 09/10 like. Never thought for a second we wouldn't actually  :lol:

Can't say I was as confident after we got hosed by Orient, had no permanent manager, a cacophony of wankers running the show, etc.

Great result from a very professional away performance - just what was needed for this game.

We were in charge virtually from the kick-off in the first half and soon had them rocking because I reckon they had planned on getting at us straight away in order to try to get an early goal/get their crowd going but we took the wind out of their sails.

The first goal was a bit lucky, only Gayle's anticipation and being on the spot for the mistake from Green made it better than an OG, but we did deserve to be in front. They came into it more towards HT but good defending kept their chances to a minimum although we didn't have many clear ones throughout the whole game.

Gayle's second, from an excellent move, gave them a mountain to climb and to their credit they never really threw the towel in and they began to get more of the play, mainly because Perez gave the ball away several times ; he was really bad at this in the second half, delaying on the ball far too long and getting dispossessed instead of playing a simple space-making pass to a waiting team-mate. Perez looks great at times, but is very inconsistent and this is a trait we need to wipe out of the club if we are ever to win anything as Rafa will well know.

Under Pardew etc we would probably have lost this match or dropped 2 points at least - Rafa's ruthless setting up of the side, esp away from home, makes it hard for opponents at this level to get at us in a really meaningful way and that is the key to getting out of this league. Entertaining is for the home crowd in my book and I don't care if other fans hate us as long as we get points at their grounds.

Monk DID have his words about us and Norwich well and truly rammed down his throat as I had hoped and he was grasping at straws about their refused pen...it is true that a weak ref may have given it to a home side in that situation but this ref was correct in his final judgment as to whether it was a deliberate handball. For all Colback's faults, this would have been a harsh award had it been given.

I hope we see plenty more opposing managers whingeing about our 'good fortune', and 'expensive players' as the season goes on although its inevitable that we will drop points at some stage. I wouldn't think that it would be a recurring phenomena  under this manager though...! We are SO lucky to have this guy in charge and long may he remain as boss. If we go up, there will have to be major changes to parts of the side and I am sure Rafa knows this too......

anybody notice their crowd after the 2nd goal.

:okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay:

They needed to score first, if w score first its really difficult for teams to get back into the game and break us down. 

Class day, class result.

Very nearly celebrated the second goal (it was right in front of me).

Some right creepo Leeds fans around me like, Shelvey got some horrific abuse when he came over to take a corner late on in second half. I gave him a smile and a little wave.

Was Gayle getting any abuse?  And what was Gayle doing in his second celebration ?

Any Toon player that came near where I was sitting got shit loads of abuse.

Leeds fans are an odd bunch. When Half Time whistle blew, they all started chanting "We'll always get shit refs." :lol:

They were all crying big time about that "pen" at half time, when I was drinking my shit pint of Fosters.  ;D

That was a corker of a day.

Thought their fans would have been up for it mind. Not a peep.

They hardly got a kick in the first half then Dwight scored and told them to stay quiet. What was there for them to sing about?