Hull City 1-1 Newcastle United (Hull win 3-1 on pelanties) afters from page 37

Disco

If we go up, that game showed we are a long way short of whats needed in the Prem.

What's needed for what? Hull aren't even the worst team in it, and they're three points behind Burnley 13th.

If you mean medium or long term then sure.

We should have buried them in normal time, should have been a goal up at least in the first half alone, we controlled the tempo, kept the ball and snuffed out most of the danger. Hull pretty much played with the intention of taking it to penalties for 120 minutes and we couldn't get through. I thought we played well enough, just lacked a real finisher on the pitch and a lot of the final third play was sloppy. Ultimately Sels will take the brunt of the result due to bad, nervous goalkeeping at a crucial moment.

People absolutely love beating themselves up like. We played well tonight, and should have walked the game overall. Poor decision-making and finishing (including from Gayle btw) prevented us knocking a club from a higher division out with ease. We never got desperate, we stuck to a pass and move game. It was lightyears ahead of the last few years of this club's very existence. To get into a cup semi-final by the way, something we've not even entertained in about a decade.

One moment of diabolical defending and goalkeeping cost us dearly, and the less said about the penalties the better. But I refuse to be as downbeat as so many on here seem to be.

Aye, you're right - been a shit week though.

People absolutely love beating themselves up like. We played well tonight, and should have walked the game overall. Poor decision-making and finishing (including from Gayle btw) prevented us knocking a club from a higher division out with ease. We never got desperate, we stuck to a pass and move game. It was lightyears ahead of the last few years of this club's very existence. To get into a cup semi-final by the way, something we've not even entertained in about a decade.

One moment of diabolical defending and goalkeeping cost us dearly, and the less said about the penalties the better. But I refuse to be as downbeat as so many on here seem to be.

Nail. Head.

:thup:

:thup:

Calling whether we'd stay up, based on one game, is a tad daft too. Not that there aren't issues with this squad, but I still think there's 3 worse teams in the Prem than us. Plus, I'm sure we'll add players when we go up.

Don't really see why we should have walked the game. Can't think of many decent chances we had in normal time. Not too worried however as I'm sure we'll get some good signings in if/when we go up

Worried about Friday now, big job to pick these players up from that tonight, extra half hour as well.

Could be off the top by 5pm Saturday. Im concerned.

Shit fonishing has been thete all season mind, weve just got away with it because we re in the.Championship and get 2nd, 3rd an 4th chances. Even Gayle, hes scored 13 but could have had double that if he was a better finisher

So gutting tho man, its typical NUFC, we re destined to never win anything

We played well most of the game, weren't clinical enough and got frustrated and tired. When you control the game like that then the opposition is always going to go into a shootout the higher of the 2 sides, we knew at that stage that we hadn't made our dominance count.

I'm disappointed as I'm desperate to see us do well in the cups but pretty impressed with the performance really given we were away at a PL side, certainly don't think there's much room to have a pop at the side other than our finishing not being upto scratch and the pens being shite.

Worried about Friday now, big job to pick these players up from that tonight, extra half hour as well.

Could be off the top by 5pm Saturday. Im concerned.

Shit fonishing has been thete all season mind, weve just got away with it because we re in the.Championship and get 2nd, 3rd an 4th chances. Even Gayle, hes scored 13 but could have had double that if he was a better finisher

So gutting tho man, its typical NUFC, we re destined to never win anything

I'm  not worried about promotion like, we are miles better than the clubs in the championship. We'll need to add some class to have any impact in the premier next season though. This team will be good enough to stay up but that won't be what Rafa signed up for.

So angry.

If it was to a proper club whose supporters wanted it then it would be easier to take but f***ing hull man. Feel for our support, we crave and deserve success more than anyone yet been s*** on again

Jesus Christ

You can't  blame Hull and their fans for going through pal?

Take a look at Shelvey, Gayle, and Gouffrans penalties and how they lacked zero conviction. They gave up with an opportunity to finish the job.

Really weak no mental preparation. As far as taking pens go, they were disgusting.

I'm with Tube on this one. The only time anyone of their fans showed passion was the guy in front of me who celebrated in my face after I had celebrated our goal. Everyone else showed no passion at all, even walking out of the ground they had an atmosphere like they had just drew 0-0 in a friendly match. For a team who have just got to the semi's that shocking. I got that they don't want to turn up because of the owners, but they should still have showed more passion for their team and be excited about getting so far in a cup.

Sick as a dog but this is bang on.

Sick as a dog but this is bang on.

I'm with David.

Guest neesy111

What chances did we create in normal time?

Diame first half was the main one but aside from that not too much.

This is why I don't get people saying we played well.  Our play was very easy to defend against, slow sideways passing all in front of Hull.  Our best chances 1st half were on the counter attack actually not when we were dominating possession.