Notts Forest 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 02/12/16 - Both red cards rescinded by FA

Dave

Yeah thats not a penalty for the Shelvey red.

It's not even a fucking foul, people saying Shelvey did anything wrong here, I don't get it. He's just trying to get up

Howay man, he blatantly kicks out at Lansbury with his foot.

He did...but he got kicked by Lansbury first and the ref and linesman missed that one.

yep , it was a tangle to me, that would be let go elsewhere on the pitch and without Lanburys acting being taken by the linesman and ref.

Only seen the red decisions, but Shelvey one is given by the lino from the reaction, there is no way he could have seen it through three players. It might be a red for retaliation, but it's never a penalty.

Dummett one is very harsh because the same player again is playing for it. Since he's playing for it rather than trying to score, its a very questionable "goalscoring opportunity".

Thought I'd seen some crazy refereeing performances, that however is blatently a fixed match.

2 reds against us, 2 pens against us, 1 good goal disallowed, 2 pens not given. Fair play to Beagrie on Sky Sports for being honest. f***ing fix.

What were these two pens we should have had? They have been completely erased from my mind in my total rage.

Clark was rugby tackled in their box- and a none pen hand ball imo.

Thought I'd seen some crazy refereeing performances, that however is blatently a fixed match.

2 reds against us, 2 pens against us, 1 good goal disallowed, 2 pens not given. Fair play to Beagrie on Sky Sports for being honest. f***ing fix.

What were these two pens we should have had? They have been completely erased from my mind in my total rage.

I assume he's on about Clark & the handball.

It's not even a f***ing foul, people saying Shelvey did anything wrong here, I don't get it. He's just trying to get up

Its a blatant red for Shelvey, but its never a penalty.

If it happened in the penalty area its a penalty

It's not even a fucking foul, people saying Shelvey did anything wrong here, I don't get it. He's just trying to get up

Was it not a foul in the box?

Lansbury fouls Shelvey, but then Shelvey kicks out. So isn't that not a pen?

Clark was rugby tackled in their box- and a none pen hand ball imo.

Oh aye man. Its come back to me.

The Mills holding of Clark is a penalty and a red, it's a deliberate attempt to stop a goal being scored. Whereas the Dummett is not a penalty or even a foul. And even you say it was a penalty it can never be a red card as there was no deliberate act to stop a goalscoring chance.

That's the difference now, if you deliberately stop a goal scoring opportunity then it's still red, if it's a geniune attempt but you foul the player then it's now yellow.

I know we're biased but that has to be the worst display of refereeing i've ever seen, it totally and utterly inept, the only thing in the whole game you could argue could have been right was Shelvey's slight kick out, which it wasn't really, it was a nothing clash made to look worse by a player (Landsbury) cheating and rolling around when barely touched.

Was the game stopped for the Lansbury foul? I thought it carried on.

Aye it did (carried on). The linesman gave the call though so should give the foul on Shelvey first if he saw it all. You would have to assume he was drawn to the tangle (and therefor missed the initial foul) so probably made the correct decision from what he personally saw.

Not at the time, once the lineman told the ref Shelvey had lashed out (in his blind fuck wit opinion), the ref goes back to it and gives a penalty as it happened in the box, rightly by the rules.