Notts Forest 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 02/12/16 - Both red cards rescinded by FA

Dave

Just saw the the Shelvey incident again on SSN. The ref lets play continue for a good 5-8 seconds then goes back to give a penalty.

Because he never saw it. The linesman started flagging when he say Lansbury tobogganing across the pitch in agony.

Circle the wagons, back the boss, back the players. When the deck is stacked against you to the extent that it was tonight then you need to close ranks and support unconditionally. That was f***ing bullshit tonight, absolute bollocks, every f***er who saw it, other than forest fans and mackems, know exactly what they saw.

:clap:

I have no respect for any other team or player or ref in this horrendous league. Literally want us to be absolute cunts and be ruthless as fuck. Mental refereeing when you review the facts that neither ref saw the actual shelvey incident and made an incredibly shit judgement call for dummett red and Lansbury's conduct as a professional footballer and man is downright fucking disgraceful.

It was surprising how comfortably better we were like, even down to 10 when Ritchie scored we absolutely bossed the game.  I expected them to be full of beans and brimming with confidence, in typical style we just took the whole sting out of it.  The 2nd red f***** us, otherwise we get something out of that.  Most likely an easy win.

It was surprising how comfortably better we were like, even down to 10 when Ritchie scored we absolutely bossed the game.  I expected them to be full of beans and brimming with confidence, in typical style we just took the whole sting out of it.  The 2nd red f***** us, otherwise we get something out of that.  Most likely an easy win.

Down to 10 we could have just taken Perez off for Diame and played 4-4-1, not a great change. No team is going to find it easy to hold out for so long with 9, especially one that's away from home and coming off the back of 120mins away at a Premier League club on Tuesday night. Infuriating.

Guest firetotheworks

80% possession away from home is generally one of the good signs that you're one of, if not the, best team in the league. We dominated vs Hull too, I do think that we've been unlucky and didn't get the results we've deserved.

We can take a lot form this. It might end up being more of a spark than a setback.

A lot depends on how long Shelvey is out for between the red and the hearing, but if either Diamé or Pérez pick up any kind of form at all, I could see us rolling over teams.

I'm surprised at the BBC stats, has them with 17 shots, I don't honestly remember Darlow having a lot to do outside the penalty saves. It certainly wasn't a back to the walls defensive performance in that second half, in fact both their goals were very avoidable from our standpoint.

80% possession away from home is generally one of the good signs that you're one of, if not the, best team in the league. We dominated vs Hull too, I do think that we've been unlucky and didn't get the results we've deserved.

:thup:

Fucking raging and it's going to be galling to see us fall off the top, but ages to go and we're still the favourites. By a distance in my eyes, but there's obviously some bias in that.

The reaction from the players in the last two games, just in general on Tuesday night and after the adversity tonight, was excellent imo.

We're committed to this and we've got the best players. Just hope Shelvey's loss doesn't cause too much damage. Others will have to step up.

We can take a lot form this. It might end up being more of a spark than a setback.

A lot depends on how long Shelvey is out for between the red and the hearing, but if either Diamé or Pérez pick up any kind of form at all, I could see us rolling over teams.

It's going to force us to have to think of a way to play without Shelvey, that may in the end be a good thing, certainly will help Rafa determine what he needs in the transfer window.