Notts Forest 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 02/12/16 - Both red cards rescinded by FA

Dave

How can we be getting 'preferential treatment' considering how biased the ref was against us in the first place :lol:

its mad it was as far away from preferential I could ever imagine officiating being without being some sort of deliberate comedy.

A week ago Forest were saying what a small club we are. Fast forward a week and we're now a "big club getting all the decisions".

Don't see what they are moaning about to be honest, they won the game through cheating. The FA has just restored us to the position we should have been in. They still won, they still get the points.

"Not confirmed as yet, but told Nufc pair Jonjo Shelvey and Paul Dummett have had their red cards vs Nottingham Forest overturned."

Caulkin

Where's Conjo? He was insisting in this thread that the the red cards were both perfectly justified.

Im here. Thought so at the time when watching it live and the initial replay, but I obviously do not know the rules as well as I thought I did regarding the Dummett incident. Im relieved that they have shown discretion (not sure if properly translated) when evaluating the Shelvey incident. He did kick out, which I thought was enough to warrant a red card.

Happy I was wrong.  O0

A week ago Forest were saying what a small club we are. Fast forward a week and we're now a "big club getting all the decisions".

Don't see what they are moaning about to be honest, they won the game through cheating. The FA has just restored us to the position we should have been in. They still won, they still get the points.

It was one of their biggest games this century. To have it confirmed by the FA they won it by cheating takes the shine off it for them.

"Not confirmed as yet, but told Nufc pair Jonjo Shelvey and Paul Dummett have had their red cards vs Nottingham Forest overturned."

Caulkin

Where's Conjo? He was insisting in this thread that the the red cards were both perfectly justified.

Im here. Thought so at the time when watching it live and the initial replay, but I obviously do not know the rules as well as I thought I did regarding the Dummett incident. Im relieved that they have shown discretion (not sure if properly translated) when evaluating the Shelvey incident. He did kick out, which I thought was enough to warrant a red card.

Happy I was wrong.  O0

Shame on you lad, even the FA wear black and white specs compared to you. :lol:

Ha ha ha! How bitter is this?!

""It was a move that angered Forest supporters, who thought the former Intertoto Cup winners were being given preferential treatment, given their impressive and illustrious history, having recently been relegated from the Premier League."

http://m.nottinghampost.com/nottingham-forest-fans-mock-the-fa-for-overturning-newcastle-united-red-cards/story-29963628-detail/story.html#76FeHSPp1YgpxTAL.99

Dear Me... you'd expect that sort of stuff from a fans website or something, but thats the local rag??!!!  :lol:  :jesuswept:

The bitterness being shown, you'd think we'd cheated 2 of their players being sent off, and won the game??!!!  :fool:

The internet doesn't half turn people into tits like. Every Forest fan we saw in the chippy afterwards said that the refereeing was scandalous, they'd got away with one but they were very happy with the points thank you very much. We just said fair enough, hopefully it'll probably even itself out over the season. Thing is, that sort of stuff doesn't get as much attention as semi-literate drivel which is just published for the reaction. This journalist was on twitter peddling his shite yesterday and when he saw the reaction probably thought "I've got a canny piece of clickbait here like" and saw advertising revenue £-signs in his eyes.

As for the Forest fans, fuck knows why they're so put out about the whole thing, probably due to the current state of their club. If I'd seen my club win two European Cups then fall into a state where they haven't been in the top flight for nearly 20 years, play in a shitty small stadium with thousands of empty seats for one of the biggest games of the season despite the presence of shitloads of Norwegian tourists (who seem to be the only people that bother to support Forest these days) then I'd probably be damaged in some way too.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't seen any reference to Rafa bemoaning the raw deal here , using the excuses card or slating officials . How refreshing is his attitude compared to our previous incumbents . The man oozes class.

mentioned it in the post match interviews, heard nowt since. hes probs gone away and worked out how to win even when they officials are straight from the Carry on films.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't seen any reference to Rafa bemoaning the raw deal here , using the excuses card or slating officials . How refreshing is his attitude compared to our previous incumbents . The man oozes class.

mentioned it in the post match interviews, heard nowt since. hes probs gone away and worked out how to win even when they officials are straight from the Carry on films.

Didn't see any post match stuff.... What was his opinion ? Scathing , angry , philosophical ?

Didn't see any post match stuff.... What was his opinion ? Scathing , angry , philosophical ?

suggested the fa might want to look at the cheating, and that he ( the cheat)might be proud of himself- steaming,keeping a lid on it is how I would describe him