Notts Forest 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 02/12/16 - Both red cards rescinded by FA

Dave

Ha ha ha! How bitter is this?!

""It was a move that angered Forest supporters, who thought the former Intertoto Cup winners were being given preferential treatment, given their impressive and illustrious history, having recently been relegated from the Premier League."

http://m.nottinghampost.com/nottingham-forest-fans-mock-the-fa-for-overturning-newcastle-united-red-cards/story-29963628-detail/story.html#76FeHSPp1YgpxTAL.99

""It was a move that angered Forest supporters, who thought the former Intertoto Cup winners were being given preferential treatment, given their impressive and illustrious history, having recently been relegated from the Premier League."

http://m.nottinghampost.com/nottingham-forest-fans-mock-the-fa-for-overturning-newcastle-united-red-cards/story-29963628-detail/story.html#76FeHSPp1YgpxTAL.99

Their biggest win of the decade has been proven to be a complete sham with these red cards getting overturned and they aren't taking it well.

Only just been able to bring myself to watch any of the footage again and there's so much wrong about this that I still can't believe the absolute bias towards Forest shown by the ref. However , how any Forest fan can fail to be absolutely embarrassed by the blatant and pathetic play acting of Lansbury , who rolls around clutching his STOMACH after the self inflicted "coming together " with Shelvey , is beyond me. If that was a Toon player I would openly condemn the cheating b@st@rd

"Not confirmed as yet, but told Nufc pair Jonjo Shelvey and Paul Dummett have had their red cards vs Nottingham Forest overturned."

Caulkin

Where's Conjo? He was insisting in this thread that the the red cards were both perfectly justified.

I actually had a bit of a liking for Forest - they played good football under Cloughie. However, recent events have taken the shine off it somewhat.

I've hated them since their reaction to our 1-1 draw down there in 95-96 - the wankers celebrated drawing with us and ending our title hopes as if they had won the league!

I actually had a bit of a liking for Forest - they played good football under Cloughie. However, recent events have taken the shine off it somewhat.

This. Always had a bit of a soft spot for them from Cloughie's days but fuck that. I hope they sink. And I hope Derby absolutely annihilate them this weekend.

I have known some dubious calls go for us in the past, concensus of opinion is usually, yeah we were lucky to get that. Certainly if a red card was rescinded for something like that I would, as I'm sure most on here, hold my hands up and say fair call. I don't get the small time mentality, when half the footballing world knew the ref had a shocker, to then make out we're having preferential treatment?!?

They cheated, they won, it got overturned, laugh it off and carry on, you've still won regardless of the outcome of those red cards ffs. Bitter faux mackems.

“It’s really easy for me to sit here and say maybe Newcastle, big club, got a lot of things going on in the background with Shelvey anyway.

“But if I am being really brutally honest I don’t think either of those decisions were the right decisions on the day.

“I think he was very unlucky to get sent off, I couldn't see much in the incident. I think that probably Jonjo’s reputation in that sense has probably made the decision happen - which in unfair. He is an excellent footballer.

“And I also felt the Dummett one was not a penalty either.

“Yes I would have loved those to players to have not been available for Newcastle but I think justice-wise they should be playing.”

- GARY ROWETT

How can we be getting 'preferential treatment' considering how biased the ref was against us in the first place :lol:

The whole thing is canny hilarious like, especially given how ridiculous the Anita red card not being rescinded was. As if we're actually getting preferential treatment :lol:

Dear Me... you'd expect that sort of stuff from a fans website or something, but thats the local rag??!!!  :lol:  :jesuswept:

The bitterness being shown, you'd think we'd cheated 2 of their players being sent off, and won the game??!!!  :fool: