Newcastle United 4-0 Birmingham - 10/12/16 - Post-match reaction from page 8

Kaizero

Twats putting their phone lights on in the middle of the game took the general lack of interest in what's actually going on to a new level. They'll be doing the Mexican fucking wave next!

Going to the match is just a status symbol for very large numbers now, a lot of genuine supporters have either lost heart, because of the Ashley regime, or been priced out of going. The bloke sitting next to me spends half the game texting or looking at his phone, and a couple of little old ladies at the end of the row have tea and cakes at half time!

t***s putting their phone lights on in the middle of the game took the general lack of interest in what's actually going on to a new level. They'll be doing the Mexican f***ing wave next!

Going to the match is just a status symbol for very large numbers now, a lot of genuine supporters have either lost heart, because of the Ashley regime, or been priced out of going. The bloke sitting next to me spends half the game texting or looking at his phone, and a couple of little old ladies at the end of the row have tea and cakes at half time!

Love the thought of you fucking raging at them, screaming for them to order a balti pie :lol:

Twats putting their phone lights on in the middle of the game took the general lack of interest in what's actually going on to a new level. They'll be doing the Mexican fucking wave next!

The lights thing actually generated an atmosphere. It's more than most people do in the ground to create one.

t***s putting their phone lights on in the middle of the game took the general lack of interest in what's actually going on to a new level. They'll be doing the Mexican f***ing wave next!

The lights thing actually generated an atmosphere. It's more than most people do in the ground to create one.

Need to have the Wyatt family theme going on at the same time then it'd be over for me lol.

my thoughts too, heron.

my kids loved it. they thought it was because it was the last home game before xmas.

it was just a nice moment.

what's this light thing, loads of people put their phone lights on but no-one knows why? :lol:

I heard 1 person did it by accident and then there was a domino effect of people thinking it was a tribute to somebody who had died.

Guest neesy111

what's this light thing, loads of people put their phone lights on but no-one knows why? :lol:

I heard 1 person did it by accident and then there was a domino effect of people thinking it was a tribute to somebody who had died.

Wew.

Wew.

sounds like the most logical explanation, everyone falling over each other lest they get left out of the latest display of faux-grief

Guest Howaythetoon

I went and enjoyed every moment of it as it was with family and friends. Our numbers were almost the difference in making up our biggest gate this season that's how many went. Great win, great performance. My poor cousin though who is a Birmingham fan and sat in the home end.... he took the defeat very well and was amazed by SJP.

After he knew they were going to get beat, he said he just sat back and enjoyed a game of football being played by a very good side with good players.

Sadly the atmosphere was flat throughout and for me personally, the game was more of an entertainment thing. My passion for Newcastle has gone like, it's just not the same and isn't there. Well it is, but it's like a candle flickering away rather than a torch. It's one more Ashley cluster fuck away from being blown out entirely. It's only flickering because of one man!

Love Rafa me, seeing him in the dugout of a Championship team man...  :love:

Btw what was the 5th minute applause about and what was the phone torch thing about?

Oh and to the tit who told me to show some respect when I said to a few of my clan that I feel the 17th Minute thing, which I said after it finished, needs to be forgotten about... you soon shut up when I turned around and confronted you.

Anyway my first competitive home match that wasn't me attending to protest in years and it did feel good to be back home so to speak. One thing about the match... fans in general are well on the players' side, hardly any moans and groans.

Need to have the Wyatt family theme going on at the same time then it'd be over for me lol.

We've previously come out to Kurt Angle's theme for some reason. 

We've previously come out to Kurt Angle's theme for some reason. 

The fuck? Would love to see that :lol:

To be fair to them it did create an atmosphere and a bit of noise for a while afterwards, more than the flags thing ever did.

Probably because of the spontaneity of it as opposed to preplanned contrived things designed to generate atmosphere.

Love the thought of you f***ing raging at them, screaming for them to order a balti pie :lol:

:lol:

I got my phone out like for the crack, enjoyed it, glad it happened, wouldn't do it again

Thought Clark was excellent again,  he's becoming one of my favourite players

:thup:

Apart from the debut penalty he's been flawless whenever I've seen him. Just hope it's not a case of finding his level.

Thought Clark was excellent again,  he's becoming one of my favourite players

:thup:

Apart from the debut penalty he's been flawless whenever I've seen him. Just hope it's not a case of finding his level.

Hopefully, we'll get promoted and I'm really interested to see how Clark does.

When we bought him, I felt proper "Meh" about the signing but he's been fantastic.

I think Rafa's coaching can help him improve further. Again lower level, his positioning has impressed. Seems aware of danger pretty quickly.