Preparing for the Premier League

Altamullan

Like the idea of creating the core of a team asap, bedded-in and used to each other a system. We finished 3rd in 93-94 (?) with the core of the Div 1 winning side. They believed in themselves, knew one another and how to play together.

And btw, superstitious types, OCD is by definition a disorder; and keeping your/our 'light under a bushel' doesn't do anybody any good. We look a class apart, enjoy daring to dream. I know I am. In Rafa we trust.

Last time we went up people got mega pissed that we didn't majorly improve our team, and even the next season we still played a lot of promotion players. We finished 11th then 5th

The best thing we can do is focus on building a team to get promoted, give ourselves a good core to work with like we did before.

Arguably not one of our squad is proven/good enough for the premier league.

Difference for us and other promoted clubs is we have a proven world class manager, so should we get promotion, I'm confident whatever squad we had would be enough with Rafa in charge.

Lets just hope we get promotion first though.

Think we should go easy on the upheaval, like. With our current team I think we could easily avoid relegation.

We have a pretty good backbone in Lascelles and Clark, Hayden and Shelvey, and Gayle up front.

I think I'd be happy if we built around that. With the caveat that they continue to impress for the rest of the season.

On the flanks we have some quality but could improve. A left winger is probably a priority, in my eyes. I'd be happy going forward with Ritchie on the right. And hopefully Atsu can continue to impress on both flanks.

tbh I reckon Rafa could get us midtable with the current squad - awful lot of dross in the Premier League.

The awful dross in the PL are on another planet to the dross we face each week in this league. I think you're kidding yourself about the quality of our players, like. We basically need a whole new defence and keeper (if Krul doesn't return) if and when we get promoted. I don't even wanna start with the midfield and wide options, and we all know we need at least one striker.

tbh I reckon Rafa could get us midtable with the current squad - awful lot of dross in the Premier League.

The awful dross in the PL are on another planet to the dross we face each week in this league. I think your kidding yourself about the quality of our players, like. We basically need a whole new defence and keeper (if Krul doesn't return) if and when we get promoted. I don't even wanna start with the midfield and wide options, and we all know we need at least one striker.

I accept we need better for the prem, but a lot of the players we have now, SHOULD be better players by then. Better to look at it in May.

In the meantime, we obviously need to look at getting people in to cover African Nations. So what's that Diame and Atsu? A left winger who can play no10 might be enough.

Done a bit of thorough research, I.e. asked my 7 year old who has an encyclopaedic knowledge of FIFA 16/17 & YouTube!

The 'scouts' recommendations which seem plausible are Ntep (Rennes), Cheryshev (Villareal) and Montero (Swansea). Not sure either of latter two are real Prem quality, but former has got potential to develop further (feels risky going back to shopping in France, though). All could provide Afcon cover.

Oxlade-Chamberlain is likely to be on the move move in Jan: wing, centre mid, potential no10. (May have lots of  better options, than us).

Loftus-Cheek looks a great prospect (has been linked in another thread): centre mid , or potential no10/striker.

Delph may be on the move, we've tried to sign him before apparently (from Leeds) and he looked a class act at Villa: DefMed, CM.

Oxlade-Chamberlain would be a quality addition but don't think he'd drop down a level, even if it was only for 5 months or so. Should definitely be in for him in the summer though if he's available.

Bit worried about Clark in the premier league, and not sure Mbemba is going to come good so wouldn't mind a new tried and truster premier league centre back. Need some more creativity up front, Gouffran really doesn't cut it on wing in premier league too. If Mitrovic doesn't kick on maybe replace with a marquee striker, Perez same.

Why would he be on the move? He's been playing plenty of late hasn't he?

Dating Perrie from Little Mix whose from up here. Pretty much guaranteed the deal will go through.

No idea why he's really being linked with a move away though.

Why would he be on the move? He's been playing plenty of late hasn't he?

Think he feels he needs to be playing more at his age.  I think I read he's only played 90 mins once all season in the league and I think Wenger prefers Iwobi

Doubt he'll get many more opportunities at Man City though if he does go there