Newcastle United 3-1 Birmingham - 18/01/2017 - Post-match reaction from page 14

Greg

Birmingham sound awful :lol:

Zola's appointment going as well as expected.

Everything that they deserve for bringing him in with absolutely no footballing decisions involved.

I'm sure they'll love having such a marquee name in charge now they've fell away from the playoffs, playing shit football and throwing games away.

It worries the hell out of me that it appears our team is so reliant on Shelvey, it's basically saying the rest of the team aren't good enough and if anything happens to Shelvey we're shagged.

If you took Ibra out of Man Utd, I'm sure they'd struggle too.

It's natural to not be as good when your best player isn't playing.

It worries the hell out of me that it appears our team is so reliant on Shelvey, it's basically saying the rest of the team aren't good enough and if anything happens to Shelvey we're shagged.

I think the feeling is more that slipping down a division his loss shouldn't be felt as acutely as it is.

We don't have anybody who is even remotely similar that's the problem. He's the only attacking centre midfielder we've got basically.

Shelvey's performance tonight has done nothing more than prove we need to enter the transfer market to buy a player that can play his position to confirm promotion.

I think the feeling is more that slipping down a division his loss shouldn't be felt as acutely as it is.

There's also the problem that all our other CMs (with Diame away, if he's even classed as a CM) are defensive midfielders to varying degrees. We wouldn't have looked as bad without Shelvey if we had anything resembling a replacement.

We don't have anybody who is even remotely similar that's the problem. He's the only attacking centre midfielder we've got basically.

If we had anybody remotely similar to Shelvey on our bench, we'd be the luckiest 2nd tier team in the history of European football. Probably.