Modou Barrow

lovejoy

I have no idea who this guy is. Never heard of him before we were linked, if it's either him or Townsend then I would favour the known commodity (to me).

Just favour the good player over the cheaper shit one. Usually prevents stuff like relegation.

Saw him play well earlier this season against Arsenal at the Emirates. Caused them all sorts of problems with his pace. Swansea manager's have referred to him as 'raw' in the past and even on that performance where he played well would have to agree. Think there's more about Atsu personally.

Newcastle are reluctant to spend in this month's transfer window, though the hierarchy recognises the need for significant investment in the event of promotion to the top flight.

Mental.

Hierarchy means one fat bastard.

It shows how completely Ashley & Co have lowered expectations among NUFC fans when a player who has not even been a SWANSEA regular(a team that were always in the lower leagues when I was younger)is exciting so much response and interest...

I would be quite happy if NO signings were made in this window provided I was fairly confident that we could get promoted WITHOUT the need for the Play-offs with the current squad...I am NOT especially sure the squad can do this ; they will probably face a back-log of fixtures and a deficit to make up on other Champ sides after the Cup game..esp if it goes to a replay...

Let us hope they have something concrete to work on by the time Feb 1 rolls around because any injury to Shelvey would knock us right off course.

Not that I have any inside info, but I imagine that Rafa, I.e. a good manager, would be just as reluctant to pay over the odds re fee/wages in Jan if he doesn't think it's good business. It can potentially unsettle the existing team spirit and waste/use funds which may be available and go further in the summer.

Personally I don't buy into the manager always wanting and the chairman always refusing 'drama' that seems to be taken as granted.

It shows how completely Ashley & Co have lowered expectations among NUFC fans when a player who has not even been a SWANSEA regular(a team that were always in the lower leagues when I was younger)is exciting so much response and interest...

I would be quite happy if NO signings were made in this window provided I was fairly confident that we could get promoted WITHOUT the need for the Play-offs with the current squad...I am NOT especially sure the squad can do this ; they will probably face a back-log of fixtures and a deficit to make up on other Champ sides after the Cup game..esp if it goes to a replay...

Let us hope they have something concrete to work on by the time Feb 1 rolls around because any injury to Shelvey would knock us right off course.

A) Were a Championship club, who are you expecting us to sign? Townsend is probably the best we can hope for in terms of quality.

B) You missed the part that were currently 9 points clear with a vastly superior goal difference towards the end of January? Chill. :lol:

Based on what. We've been in the top 2 since about September, we're 9 points clear of 3rd we have players coming back from injury very soon and by the start of next month we'll have 3 players returning from the African cup of nations.

I really do wonder what some of our supporters have been watching this season.