Newcastle 1-0 Derby - 4/2/17 - Match Thread - Post match reaction from p. 16

Mike

Guest neesy111

Thought hayden had a bit of mare personally.

We looked worse after he went off mind.

Yup can't help but feel we really need his bite in midfield.

Disrupted us going forward as well, thought we lost Diame's drive going forward with Perez on.

Genuine question for the Mitrovic White Knights Brigade : how do you sleep at night?

Great player, only young, loads of potential, 17th best goals per minute record in Europe, 33rd best assists per minute record in the world, passion, desire, fight, hes got it all, need to give him a run, get his confidence up. etc etc

Assisted the goal that won us the game?

Just back in. Yet another game we made hard for ourselves by not killing the game off when we had the chances. We completely out played them in the first in pretty much every department but didn't get the second when the chances fell.

Yedlin had an absolutely incredible performance I already thought he was man of the match and I've just read it was him who cleared the ball off the line at the end. Fantastic. I don't think I've seen a full back put in a motm performance since Enrique.

Two major issues I've noticed over the past two games though - It's the first time I've seen Hayden play aside from the tv this week - Is he usually as bad as this? I mean we're so weak in the middle of the pitch, we don't win second balls and we seem to get out fought quite comfortably. He seems decent making late runs into the box but aside from that I'm not seeing what he offers? I know he's still young and he'll get time because we don't exactly have an alternative. Also, Murphy was completely redundant mid-week and Mitrovic was equally passive today. If Rafa's system can't operate with that type of striker would it not be better to just play Gouffran or Perez up front until Gayle gets back? It has been like playing with 10 men at times, Derby could push so far up the pitch because there was no threat at all in behind.

Massive 3 points though, the crowd was electric, I'm still hyper since I got back.

Standard awful Championship referee comment +1. We're getting literally nothing from these.

Thought the first half was actually very good.  Played with real discipline and Derby never looked like breaking us down (a lot like us under McClaren) second half not as good but we still had chances to finish the game off.  Mitro had a mare imo he offers very little and is week as piss for such a big lad.

Thank fuck that's over. Really really needed that today. Thought we played well in spells and should have really had the game wrapped up (sick of saying that this season) and in the end we were hinging on.

Anyway 3 points and the atmosphere was a lot better.