The other games today 2017/18

Greg

No one will ever bring up Sounness's bollocks about Morata and Merino.

What did he say?

Unless he said something different, his criticism of Merino based on his debut was fair.... in regards to his debut. He's been excellent since.

Morata? He said Morata's never been a #1 striker and might find it difficult in the PL being the main man for a top club? IMO that was a fair opinion unless he said something worse.

I've always liked Morata but I didn't expect him to start so strongly. His most prolific season was last season where he was the second choice striker often coming on against tired legs or starting against weaker sides.

From his time at Madrid, I don't think he's as quick-footed as Benzema (few are) or Costa but certainly by no means cumbersome. Not as able to wriggle out of tight spaces or to sort his feet out. But faster and better in the air (and more prolific than Benzema).

Aye i've got to admit i've been surprised at how many goals Morata has scored.  I've always seen him as a grafter with good feet who'll link play but not have that extra edge and amount of goals that Costa seems to have.  Fair play to him though he's been brilliant so far, i'm interested to see if he can keep it up.