The other games today 2017/18

Greg

Ridiculous what's happening with Real considering how slick they looked last season.  Complacency setting in?

I'm not saying they should be this bad, but last season aside they have been quite inconsistent in La Liga for a few years. At least compared to what a top team should be anyway.

In the last 6-7 it's taken 90+ points to win the league. The margin for error in La Liga is much lower than in other leagues. They've probably averaged 88 points in that period - hardly inconsistent. Barcelona (and that 1 time Atleti won it with 90 points) typically put up crazy numbers each season.

This year Real are unlikely to get more than 85 points for the first time in a long time. This is something different entirely. They've not dropped this many points in the league for a long time.

Whats happened to Real this season? Already 8 points behind Barca.

Hard to say.  Seriously weakened the squad in the summer.  Complacency? Squad not as stacked. Ron also barely scoring.

Barca's squad is hardly great, still got some areas of concern

I'd still fancy Real over Barca in a CL tie or something. but Barca still great at beating other La Liga teams. At this rate I can't see either of them going to the CL semi's.

Yeah, a team like Everton should not be relying on Calvert-Lewin starting nearly every game for them, no matter how talented he is. Not sure if Bolasie or Coleman will be back soon but they may help a bit but I'd be worried if I was an Everton fan

Had Calvert-Lewin in my FF and paid close attention to him. Technically, I think the lad is poor right now.

See Tobin got himself an assist for Marseille there.

Thauvin is an excellent player, one who will go on to play for bigger clubs than us or Marseille. Woefully managed here and part of a terrible squad, no wonder his heart and head weren't in it.

Like Morgan Sanson too, bit of a goalscoring midfielder, has all the promise of Grenier from a few year back.

Was it Tobin or Cabella that turned us down loads of times before coming here? Was Thauvin, wasn't it? Nee wonder it didn't work out for him here like, especially with all the other shite going on here.

See Tobin got himself an assist for Marseille there.

Thauvin is an excellent player, one who will go on to play for bigger clubs than us or Marseille. Woefully managed here and part of a terrible squad, no wonder his heart and head weren't in it.

Like Morgan Sanson too, bit of a goalscoring midfielder, has all the promise of Grenier from a few year back.

idk, he seems to really enjoy it at Marseille. Not sure he'd want to leave again unless it was to a top, top club, which I don't think is going to happen though.

Think Sanson will probably leave though. Don't think he feels as attached to Marseille as Thauvin. Still can't believe they got him for so cheap.

Has David Unsworth ever taken a pop at Joey Barton? Had the Leicester v Everton game on in the car earlier and Barton was just constantly having a dig at Unsworth.

Started off by basically saying he watched him week in, week out as an Everton season ticket holder and he was a shit left back who just chipped it down the line. Then a little while said he should be nowhere near getting the job permanently and doing well with a youth side counts for nothing. Then in the second half he started having a pop at Unsworth for being overweight and that managers should be as fit as their players.

Hard to say.  Seriously weakened the squad in the summer.  Complacency? Squad not as stacked. Ron also barely scoring. 

I've not really payed attention, but I know he was suspended to 5 games, but it this the start of the decline for Ronaldo, or he just hit a poor patch of form after an excellent couple of years?

What the f*** is the ‘Everton way’ they’re waffling On about today.

Everton have been a s**** club for years, Moyes got them in Europe a few times but they’ve never really played decent football, and before Moyes they were a team that were constantly around the relegation zone.

This special club nonsense is almost as bad as the patter from West Ham fans

I've not really payed attention, but I know he was suspended to 5 games, but it this the start of the decline for Ronaldo, or he just hit a poor patch of form after an excellent couple of years?

Oh this is 1 goal from 40 shots too btw