Is there a bigger cockend in football, than a certain John Terry?

Big Geordie

His missed penalty vs Man Utd is one of my favourite non-NUFC football moments.  The way he strutted up adjusting his captain's armband :lol:

Indeed.

I watched that in a pub in Harlow with a Millwall supporting mate, he went crackers and I was laughing my stones off...half the pub tried to kill us and we very very nearly got a good shoeing but escaped with a couple of cuts and bruises.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2ce51xz.jpg

Do I want to know what is going on there?

Both braincells have finally collided in a billion-to-one probability event

John Terry was a superb defender and had an absolutely fantastic career at Chelsea. He is rightly lauded as a legend by their supporters as his work on the pitch for them was sublime.

The racism was utterly wrong (although not prosecuted in court). Aye, he played away - but so do a lot of other footballers (and normal people fwiw). As Triggs rightly said, Ryan Giggs gets a lot less negative publicity for his affair.

Racism, the Bridge stuff terrible... but he's always reeked of being an absolute bellend. To a degree that few can match in the game. Before all of that came to light it was clear he's a wanker of the highest grade. His face. The way he walks. The way he talks. Everything. That's why he's not in the same boat as Giggs in the public eye..... he screams wanker. Giggs is too the more you hear him talk but he went a long time barely talking.

Pepe is just Brazilian. There's something deeper to the Terry sinister

Guest firetotheworks

Not having that like. Utter sham of a man, but he was a fucking outstanding defender for a long time. Him and Rio were consistently excellent for England as well. Those two and Ashley Cole were the ones in the golden generation who rarely got any criticism, and rightly so. All outstanding defenders in their own right and as individuals.

For the majority of his Chelsea career he had the protection of the referee's, pretty by abusing them and his opponents. He was found out when he played for England against decent opposition and didn't have the protection he was used too at Chelsea. You could also argue the same for the majority of Chelsea's European campaign.

He was a very very good defender, but people rate him beyond his real capabilities.

Not sure why people are saying Giggs gets an easy ride.

In my opinion Giggs had it worse, even now the papers often pull out news of his brothers wife every so often.

Everyone looks at Giggs and thinks of what he did, everyone looks at Terry and thinks about him abusing officials and spitting as he does so.

Not having that like. Utter sham of a man, but he was a fucking outstanding defender for a long time. Him and Rio were consistently excellent for England as well. Those two and Ashley Cole were the ones in the golden generation who rarely got any criticism, and rightly so. All outstanding defenders in their own right and as individuals.

:thup:

Guest chopey

The whole incident was just so un-classy, un-professional and in poor taste and to think the entire sorry incident was dreamed up by Terry himself just makes it 100% worse. It wouldn't surprise me if they had a minutes applause on 26 minutes next season out of respect for the king of the classless Charvas.

They love him almost as much as we love Shearer and who can blame them? He's won everything there is to win with them and been consistently one of the best centre halfs in the world for 15 years.

If he was Newcastle player, I'd probably overlook his personality flaws too.