Florian Lejeune (now playing for Rayo Vallecano)

sempuki

looking like he could be the new Titus Bramble,  looks tremendous then drops a clanger..... happening too often,  was cruising through Southampton game and then dives in to give daft penalty away and those type of lapses are continuing. 

looking like he could be the new Titus Bramble,  looks tremendous then drops a clanger..... happening too often,  was cruising through Southampton game and then dives in to give daft penalty away and those type of lapses are continuing.

I'm willing to give him time as he's new to the league and country but this is my worry with him.  Hopefully he can adapt fast.

A defence is a unit. We've been worse with him in it so far.

Clark looks poor at this level as well though. He will improve, as will the defence in general when Lascelles is fit. Tbf we got torn apart far more down both flanks yesterday than through the middle.

The new Titus Bramble :lol:

He's better than Ciaran Clark.

Based on what?

Based on what I've seen of him so far I'd say he's better. Before the Man United game people were praising Lejuene so I don't see how 2 games later he's suddenly the next coming of Titus Bramble.

Why is he better? Clark was solid last year but has looked dodgy this season at a higher level, and so has Lejuene in the last two games but he's much more comfortable on the ball than Clark. I know his job is to defend first but I'm confident he'll improve and has much more potential than Clark imo.

Based on what?

Based on what I've seen of him so far I'd say he's better. Before the Man United game people were praising Lejuene so I don't see how 2 games later he's suddenly the next coming of Titus Bramble.

Why is he better? Clark was solid last year but has looked dodgy this season at a higher level, and so has Lejuene in the last two games but he's much more comfortable on the ball than Clark. I know his job is to defend first but I'm confident he'll improve and has much more potential than Clark imo.

Most of the praise Lejuene was getting was based on his performances in pre season and 20 mins against Spurs before he got injured.  Since then he's looked error-prone.

Clark hasn't looked dodgy at a higher level.  Fair enough he nearly cost us a goal against Liverpool but generally when he's played alongside Lascelles he's looked solid.  Lejuene appears to be the weak link at the minute unfortunately.  He might turn out to be quality but it doesn't look likely based on what i've seen.

Based on what?

Absolutely spot on.