Florian Lejeune (now playing for Rayo Vallecano)

sempuki

Is an in-form Lejeune better than an in-form Coloccini? Easy to forget how good Colo was at times for us, but I think Lejeune edges it for me. Little more classy and consistent.

Yes, Colo was good but, i always felt he got shrugged off too easily at times for a CB.

Lejeune is a unit.

Guest Howaythetoon

Lejeune - Although part of a defence that picked up a clean sheet, the United man doesn’t deserve any credit for keeping Huddersfield at bay, all credit for that must go to his fellow team mates at the back. Team-mates he abandoned throughout the game, selfishly ignoring his own defensive duties as if the former Man City flop is above any of that and so good infact he can just step into midfield and spray the ball about as if he’s some kind of midfield meastro. He’s not and can be thankful his lack of discipline and delusions on the ball did not effect that outcome of 3 points and a clean sheet which he barely contributed to. 4/10

Is an in-form Lejeune better than an in-form Coloccini? Easy to forget how good Colo was at times for us, but I think Lejeune edges it for me. Little more classy and consistent.

Colocinni was good for 1 or 2 seasons at times he was a complete embarrassment used to get bullied by a big strong CF on many many occasions and made to look like a total amateur by the likes of Suarez numerous times. Used to cry off every season for a while too I hated this guy towards the end of his time here

Guest Howaythetoon

Colocinni was good for 1 or 2 seasons at times he was a complete embarrassment used to get bullied by a big strong CF on many many occasions and made to look like a total amateur by the likes of Suarez numerous times. Used to cry off every season for a while too I hated this guy towards the end of his time here

Sure you’re not getting him mixed up with Howe?

Lejeune - Although part of a defence that picked up a clean sheet, the United man doesn’t deserve any credit for keeping Huddersfield at bay, all credit for that must go to his fellow team mates at the back. Team-mates he abandoned throughout the game, selfishly ignoring his own defensive duties as if the former Man City flop is above any of that and so good infact he can just step into midfield and spray the ball about as if he’s some kind of midfield meastro. He’s not and can be thankful his lack of discipline and delusions on the ball did not effect that outcome of 3 points and a clean sheet which he barely contributed to. 4/10

Bit harsh, so he was shite?

Spot on

So Jonjo Shelvey on a good day then?

Looked superb on MOTD spraying it about. 

Well said, if he wasn’t so lazy he could be something good alas he seems more interested in collecting his wages above anything else. Disappointing albeit predictable.

Yes, Colo was good but, i always felt he got shrugged off too easily at times for a CB.

Lejeune is a unit.

The only area I can think of that Colo has the advantage is just pure skill on the ball (which isn't exactly much use as a CB).

I remember Rooney shadowing Colo as he was trying to let the ball roll out for a goal kick. Most would have just tried to stay strong and back into him but Colo just casually Cruyff turns it through Rooney's legs and casually jogs away as if it was nothing. He obviously had the ability to do stuff like that but in reality it's not what you want your defenders doing every time. Especially when they're prone to errors too.

I think with Colo, people also overlook the fact he spent a lot of time playing with Williamson too. That's the sort of situation that could make Maldini look like Titus Bramble. I always wondered how he'd look in a competent defence.

I'd still take Lejeune over Colo any day, though.

Even Colo -Taylor was a good combo, but when your next to a player as shit as Williamson was it's very hard not to struggle, it literally took just two years after Williamson left us for him to be playing non-league football :lol:

The amount of players who manage to get consistent Premiership playtime for us then drop off the footballing cliff as soon as we get rid of them is staggering.