Florian Lejeune (now playing for Rayo Vallecano)

sempuki

We had 5 out of 6 defensive players who are comfortable on the ball (the 6th one Lascelles isn’t exactly shit either).

We seemed to see more of the ball, were solid defensively because we weren’t giving the ball away cheaply, and we weren’t playing needless passes. I really hope we stick with that 5 when everyone is fit. Possibly harsh on Fernandez but I think we have to keep those together unless we suddenly upgrade the wing-back areas.

We had 5 out of 6 defensive players who are comfortable on the ball (the 6th one Lascelles isn’t exactly shit either).

We seemed to see more of the ball, were solid defensively because we weren’t giving the ball away cheaply, and we weren’t playing needless passes. I really hope we stick with that 5 when everyone is fit. Possibly harsh on Fernandez but I think we have to keep those together unless we suddenly upgrade the wing-back areas.

Fernandez and Kenedy apparently had the winter sickness bug that's been going around otherwise Fernandez would likely have played instead of Lascelles.

This fella is the glue that holds it all together. Stupidly good footballer with the brain of two footballers. Love the way he glides into every pass and tackle. Last season our form drastically picked up when he returned from injury. Hopefully be the same this season.

Fernandez and Kenedy apparently had the winter sickness bug that's been going around otherwise Fernandez would likely have played instead of Lascelles.

Get the feeling he would have been in before Schar, who I don't think Rafa's fully fancied all season.

This fella is the glue that holds it all together. Stupidly good footballer with the brain of two footballers. Love the way he glides into every pass and tackle. Last season our form drastically picked up when he returned from injury. Hopefully be the same this season.

He is so good. We just look so much better when he plays.

In a depressing time for the club it's hard to think of a better centre back pool than the five we have at the moment. I like the look of the three we started today but it is harsh on Fernandez who has been excellent. Clark has had his moments and goals too. Added to this we have an excellent keeper. Praise to Rafa too for moving away from his preferred formation and playing to our strengths with 343 / 541. A couple of signings and we will be a good mid table team that may even be worth £300m.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...