Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Isak actually shoots high a fair bit as well, guess he’s selecting the right finish in each case. Did it quite a bit in the warmup. 

Isak is cold and decisive. Same thing with Cal.

Less natural finishers maybe need the help. 

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The Obertan comparison is still the most obvious one I can think of.

But Obertan either didn’t have the coaches, willingness or the ability to grow his confidence to use the physical and technical attributes he had, where Murphy does. 

Yeh i'll die on this hill that Obertan was a good footballer in terms of ability. Decent touch, dribbling, clean striker of the ball, quick. But didn't have it mentally at all. At all. Players with worse technical and physical attributes have 10x the careers.

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Isak actually shoots high a fair bit as well, guess he’s selecting the right finish in each case. Did it quite a bit in the warmup. 

Yeah i meant yesterdays finishes were low and hard (for Isak) and simple low tap in for WIlson but i'm with you on Isak's shooting - he picks the right one. Cal too. 

My favourite footballer, I live my football career vicariously through him. Every time I see him play its like I'm watching my own personal version of GOAL! I will defend him until he commits some sort of morally dubious act. 

Edited by OCK

20 minutes ago, OCK said:

My favourite footballer, I live my football career vicariously through him. Every time I see him play, its like I'm watching my own personal version of GOAL! I will defend him until he commits some sort of morally dubious act. 

Wot

7 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Remember when Murphy was used as the stick to beat Rafa with? :pow:

That whole window. Lejeune did a good job, Manquillo has been a solid squad backup, Murphy is now first-choice, Joselu and Merino are full Spanish internationals...

Think Sheff Wed fans loved Murphy. I always thought there was a player in there but he’d not get the run of games needed with us to be that player.

He’s a fan and clearly a popular lad with his teammates. Couldn’t be happier for him. He’ll not be here for a long time but he’ll certainly have a good time.

9 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Think Sheff Wed fans loved Murphy. I always thought there was a player in there but he’d not get the run of games needed with us to be that player.

He’s a fan and clearly a popular lad with his teammates. Couldn’t be happier for him. He’ll not be here for a long time but he’ll certainly have a good time.

They loved him and Lazaar. Bruce should never have left them. 

I bet they have someone on their media time on this forum. If so, I'd like to take full credit for highlighting that catchphrase first :lol:

Seriously though, he comes across well. Reminds me of Targett in some ways, in that the way he speaks doesn't make me think 'footballer'. Probably more going on between the ears than some might think.

Hope his form and confidence continues into the last few games of the season, he's peaking just at the right time.

I’ve been a huge Murphy critic (justified on what’s he’s done in the past) but I think the most impressive improvement in his game is his decision making.

Hes always had ability but I always found the Obertan comparison apt in that in theory they should be good but they just have a knack of doing the wrong thing.

Since the Forest game Murphy has turned it round in spectacular fashion and just seems to be doing the right thing more often than not. 

Maybe he will eventually earn the Daryl Murphy song for his own. ?

6 hours ago, HawK said:

I bet they have someone on their media time on this forum. If so, I'd like to take full credit for highlighting that catchphrase first :lol:

Seriously though, he comes across well. Reminds me of Targett in some ways, in that the way he speaks doesn't make me think 'footballer'. Probably more going on between the ears than some might think.

Hope his form and confidence continues into the last few games of the season, he's peaking just at the right time.

I’ve noticed a strong improvement post takeover in overall media output (it’s still some way behind elite clubs, but that’s largely an issue of resource). 

That said, the social manager has been solid for a good few years. I sense there’s probably shackles come off since the old owners left (irony lolz).

I was happy when Rafa signed him, bruce destroyed my appetite for taking any notice of the club but I am very happy he is doing so well under Eddie. Murphy is a key case of how EH can improve players that had previously written off because of bad/non existent coaching.