Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

46 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Third behind DeBruyne and Salah for expected assists.

https://x.com/keymaraes/status/1788869138791666120?s=46&t=JsXtnoSrRpo8KokdoIC95w

My unwavering support for JM probably well documented on here. EH the perfect manager for him. Give him simple instructions and he will follow out the game plan. The best on the run crosser of the ball in the club with his ability to arch his delivery. One of the fastest if not the fastest player we have over first few yards and if ahead of a defender rarely being caught either. Underrated vision with the pass to Isak Vs Sheffield Utd in his locker. 

If you want aggression he’s never going to be your guy. If you want him to win aerial duals or 50/50’s he’s never going to be your guy. Against the crème de la crème will he struggle? Yes… but for the majority of the season as a squad player he’s ideal both on and off the pitch.

He can’t start at Old Trafford based on that IMO. Barnes was bad, as was Almiron. But they were still constantly looking to get involved and being active in demanding the ball and trying to force the issue. This was all after the game got even more chaotic and with Brighton sitting in from 75-80 for a draw. 

Murphy just couldn’t wait to cross it to no one or pass the buck by laying it off. On a day with a complete lack of attacking quality. I thought he was the worst. 

I think Howe likes the cover and width he brings. With Tino always moving inside. Plus Gordon is better on the left and I guess Howe sees that as his position. 

But I would like to see our £38m man, who has a great goals and assists record start now and then. 

I do agree with Pilko. I’d still rathe move on Almiron than him. Murphy is a good option and cover some of the time. It feels like Almiron needs to move on and we might actually get a fee for him. 

It's one game. I'm a big critic of Murphy but balance where It's due. Poor today, as a lot of them were, good other weeks. In a way he's personified our season.

There have been times I thought he was a waste of money in the championship, the club isn't running a charity but the level he's got to is as surprising as it is impressive as it is satisfying. He'll fall back because we need to improve but I'm never going to shit on any Newcastle player who adheres to the consensus of 'demanding a team that tries'

5 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's one game. I'm a big critic of Murphy but balance where It's due. Poor today, as a lot of them were, good other weeks. In a way he's personified our season.

There have been times I thought he was a waste of money in the championship, the club isn't running a charity but the level he's got to is as surprising as it is impressive as it is satisfying. He'll fall back because we need to improve but I'm never going to shit on any Newcastle player who adheres to the consensus of 'demanding a team that tries'

Yep.  The lad is one of us and works his bollocks off.  He'll be replaced in the likely not-too-distant future with someone better, but no-one could criticise how hard he's worked and how much he's improved under Howe

I mean, he´s ok and have some ups on others. But he´s just a poor footballer in the end. He can´t play so much as hs´s doing. Player like him and Longstaff are holding us back. If he starts again at OT I would be really disapointed and then I can´t see us win.

I think yesterday’s performance is why he’s never progressed from being a squad player. He’s got good games in him, he can’t contribute at times but he’s always got that performance in him that isn’t good enough for the league. 

I think we’ll keep him and he’ll do a job as a squad player but it again highlights the transfer failing over the last couple of windows not signing a proper right winger. 

2 minutes ago, James said:

When are people going to wake up to the fact that much like Joelinton is now an £80m player, Murphy is a £30m player.

Frustratingly he is probably the FFP solution.

Or at least part of the FFP solution.

1 hour ago, James said:

When are people going to wake up to the fact that much like Joelinton is now an £80m player, Murphy is a £30m player.

Frustratingly he is probably the FFP solution.

There is no club in the world that would ever pay £80m for Joelinton. And I doubt there’s any club who would pay £30m for Murphy.

ASMs fee is a useful benchmark as ASM had a far better reputation and track record than Murphy does now. Murphy would go for 10-15m. 

I like the guy, he’s a great character and does his job to the best of his ability but he’s not a top

player and I doubt any premier league team would want him as a starter - so that means Championship or a squad player and you’d not see anything close to £30m for that

2 hours ago, madras said:

Or at least part of the FFP solution.

True.

if we do have to sell to further upgrade our squad we do now have assets.

Murphy - £30m

Almiron - £20m

Willock - £50m

Wilson - £15m

Targett - £10m

Trippier - £10m

£130m of fees we can obtain fairly straightforwardly. Selling Pope is also an option depending on GK plans.

Then we probably get Hall, Tosin and Kelly quickly. They replace Targett and fill some other gaps in our current squad.

one or two strikers needed to be second fiddle to Isak. Ideally one of these can play RW

RW would be the marquee signing. Minteh can have a back up role depending on how we replace Wilson. Otherwise we can either loan or sell him too.

Willock is not directly replaced as we have a lot of CMs.

We would need to make a call between Krafth and a new signing for Right Back to cover Tino.

4 minutes ago, James said:

True.

if we do have to sell to further upgrade our squad we do now have assets.

Murphy - £30m

Almiron - £20m

Willock - £50m

Wilson - £15m

Targett - £10m

Trippier - £10m

£130m of fees we can obtain fairly straightforwardly. Selling Pope is also an option depending on GK plans.

Then we probably get Hall, Tosin and Kelly quickly. They replace Targett and fill some other gaps in our current squad.

one or two strikers needed to be second fiddle to Isak. Ideally one of these can play RW

RW would be the marquee signing. Minteh can have a back up role depending on how we replace Wilson. Otherwise we can either loan or sell him too.

Willock is not directly replaced as we have a lot of CMs.

We would need to make a call between Krafth and a new signing for Right Back to cover Tino.

Nobody is paying anywhere near those fees for Willock, Murphy or Targett

41 minutes ago, astraguy said:

Imagine it came out it was in fact Jacob playing for Oxford  yesterday 

it has happened tis seaon though hasnt it?

in one of the european leagues, i;m sure a twin played instead of his brother for the last few games of the season but then got caught.