Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Are we 100% sure he hasn't swapped places with Josh?

Difficult to say, but no matter which of them played for whom, one of them played in a 2-0 loss against Barnsley for Oxford on Saturday.

22 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Difficult to say, but no matter which of them played for whom, one of them played in a 2-0 loss against Barnsley for Oxford on Saturday.

The one that got away. :'(

I am curious as to how their respective careers would've panned out had we bought Josh over Jacob, though.

Fuck it. Get him in and see what Eddie can do with him.

17 hours ago, KaKa said:

Why is he weird man? [emoji38]

His mannerisms lol.

Weird is maybe not the right word. He doesn't have any of the indentikit footballer patter.

18 hours ago, TK-421 said:

Interesting he's said he scores goals like the second often in training. I've heard people say that he's rated by all the coaches technically but he doesn't apply it on matchday - that confidence or big stage, he doesn't believe himself to be a top class PL player. 

Also good piece about putting the first one high. That was precisely the finish needed from him, Joelinton and Gordon (who went low). That bit of knowledge and composure when it really matters to just lift it over dangling legs and desperate touches. I hear Ian Wright talking about how good finishers know which finishes to choose from at the right moments.

In a way it's nice that the forum also has its own Murphy that we keep around for meme purposes.

Hopefully you can one day take the step forward and actually start producing like Jacob has, Michael.

The only thing holding Murphy back is Murphy himself. If Eddie can continue to build his confidence who knows what he can achieve. He's a quirky dude and very likeable. I really hope he can continue to improve.

Edited by OverThere

3 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

His mannerisms lol.

Weird is maybe not the right word. He doesn't have any of the indentikit footballer patter.

Interesting he's said he scores goals like the second often in training. I've heard people say that he's rated by all the coaches technically but he doesn't apply it on matchday - that confidence or big stage, he doesn't believe himself to be a top class PL player. 

Also good piece about putting the first one high. That was precisely the finish needed from him, Joelinton and Gordon (who went low). That bit of knowledge and composure when it really matters to just lift it over dangling legs and desperate touches. I hear Ian Wright talking about how good finishers know which finishes to choose from at the right moments.

Think it was the Athletic (or some paper/website) that mentioned a key to Miggy's finishing has been that Howe has been working on him to shoot high on the goal, so its interesting to see the same from Murphy as well. I think the best finishers can afford to shoot low and hard (see: Isak, Wilson). But none the less very interesting. 

25 minutes ago, OverThere said:

The only thing holding Murphy back is Murphy himself. If Eddie can continue to build his confidence who knows what he can achieve. He's a quirky dude and very likeable. I really hope he can continue to improve.

The Obertan comparison is still the most obvious one I can think of.

But Obertan either didn’t have the coaches, willingness or the ability to grow his confidence to use the physical and technical attributes he had, where Murphy does. 

More than anything, I.love how direct he is. Our players and also many players these days to be honest, like to dilly dally on the ball out wide or near the edge of the box. Not ts lad though. He'll.either try a shot or get a cross in to the box. So refreshing.

Edited by nufcjb

Just now, nufcjb said:

More than anytbing, I.love how direct he is. Our players and also many players these days to be honest, like to dilly dally on the ball out wide or near the edge of the box. Not tbis lad though. He'll.either try a shot or get a cross in to the box. So refreshing.

Yeah, he’s playing on the same side as his favoured foot as well, which is really unusual in football at the moment.