Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

Couldn't give a flying f*** if it took 2 months if it makes us a better team tbh.

Really? Good for Rafa and us on a whole if we can (could have) get them in quite early so that we're strong and ready when the season starts.

Exactly. 9 out of 10 of our transfers get dragged out to a ridiculous degree at the expense of team integration and chemistry, and for what? To save a bit on wages or to knock a half million off or whatever? Ever see the media yapping about other teams targets and then those teams take 2 months to conclude the deal? No, you read about it and it's generally done very soon after. Even hugely expensive deals like Lukaku were reported on and done in a matter of days. We're talking about signing lower half of la liga defenders and championship wingers for around 10m, not 80m strikers ffs.

Guest neesy111

Is this kid any good?

I'd say we are buying more potential than the finished article at the moment, I would prefer a more experienced winger tbh.

Is this kid any good?

I'd say we are buying more potential than the finished article at the moment, I would prefer a more experienced winger tbh.

:thup:

Don't know the lad but, on the face of it, it would look quite the step up to go from a 'decent' season with Championship Norwich to a starter in the Prem.

Is this kid any good?

Don't know the lad but, on the face of it, it would look quite the step up to go from a 'decent' season with Championship Norwich to a starter in the Prem.

Would be nice to get a couple of proven PL players, rather than a bunch who haven't ever set foot in the league, but they cost real money which we can't/won't spend. This kid could be the second coming of Garrincha but i'd hate to see him flounder after being plunged straight into a tough season, rather than eased in behind a more experienced player maybe. Hope he's what we need.

Is this kid any good?

I don't know anything about him either but I've since learned his career path is absolutely different from Aarons.

I've not seen anything of him but I've always been a fan of another young Norwich winger/forward in Nathan Redmond so if he's anything like that I'll be happy and excited to see him play.

Couldn't give a flying f*** if it took 2 months if it makes us a better team tbh.

Really? Good for Rafa and us on a whole if we can (could have) get them in quite early so that we're strong and ready when the season starts.

Exactly. 9 out of 10 of our transfers get dragged out to a ridiculous degree at the expense of team integration and chemistry, and for what? To save a bit on wages or to knock a half million off or whatever? Ever see the media yapping about other teams targets and then those teams take 2 months to conclude the deal? No, you read about it and it's generally done very soon after. Even hugely expensive deals like Lukaku were reported on and done in a matter of days. We're talking about signing lower half of la liga defenders and championship wingers for around 10m, not 80m strikers ffs.

Lukaku took over 2 months, just because the bit where the fee was agreed to signing the player was short doesn't mean there was a lot of courting going in the build up to that. As usual big clubs agreeing with agents contracts and terms way before fee (another conversation) Lukaku knew who he was signing for since before the end of the season.

Guest neesy111

Is this kid any good?

Like who though?

That's the job of our scouting & coaching team.  I just think we'll need more experience if we are to avoid a relegation battle.

Is this kid any good?

Like who though?

That's the job of our scouting & coaching team.  I think we'll need more experience if we are to avoid a relegation battle.

We do, but probably not in this position. Young erratic wingers can be more dangerous than an experienced one, especially if they have energy and pace. We probably need a wiser head at the back, probably why Rafa is looking at older goalkeepers to calm down the relatively young back line. Ideal world would be an experienced centre back with leadership qualities but I think that's now out of the picture. Next would be a leader in the centre of the pitch, someone to calm Shelvey and or bring along Hayden. Again could be why we're looking at Samaris and probably would have him if the fee was a few mill lower.

Agree with TT. Experience isn't necessarily whats required out wide. We need pace, unpredictability and youthful enthusiasm - especially with a 'solid' player in Ritchie as our other wide player.

I've liked that our links to wide players have included this guy and those numerous quick French players. Traore too I guess but I think he's shite.

Lukaku took over 2 months, just because the bit where the fee was agreed to signing the player was short doesn't mean there was a lot of courting going in the build up to that. As usual big clubs agreeing with agents contracts and terms way before fee (another conversation) Lukaku knew who he was signing for since before the end of the season.

Maybe that is true and therefore not a good example. Still can't help but feel like every single one of our transfers is purgatory. In a season as critical as this one, early business in the key positions to be strengthened should have been an absolute priority and the groundwork done ages ago, so we weren't taking weeks and months each time. It already feels like we're at our 4th or 5th choice player in that position when we sign someone. Then again by the time we're done, if Rafa is content with what we brought in, then it probably doesn't matter how long it took. Hope this deal gets done and he's a success.

Is this kid any good?

Like who though?

That's the job of our scouting & coaching team.  I think we'll need more experience if we are to avoid a relegation battle.

We do, but probably not in this position. Young erratic wingers can be more dangerous than an experienced one, especially if they have energy and pace. We probably need a wiser head at the back, probably why Rafa is looking at older goalkeepers to calm down the relatively young back line. Ideal world would be an experienced centre back with leadership qualities but I think that's now out of the picture. Next would be a leader in the centre of the pitch, someone to calm Shelvey and or bring along Hayden. Again could be why we're looking at Samaris and probably would have him if the fee was a few mill lower.

Agreed. No idea why we aren't looking at Delph for CM. Within our price range and he's proven in the PL, and he was captain at Villa(?).

I've not seen anything of him but I've always been a fan of another young Norwich winger/forward in Nathan Redmond so if he's anything like that I'll be happy and excited to see him play.

Exactly same feeling for me. I think he could develop into a really great player, still wish we signed Redmond ages ago mind you.

Guest firetotheworks

Yeah, I was just thinking the other day about how he's gone quiet recently. He'd improve us and he worked well under Rafa, so I'd take him back, but it might take until January and him not getting a game until he's available.