Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

Was him losing ball that turned into corner they scored from?

Aye just fail to mention that it was Ayoze who turned his back on their goal scorer to give him a free header.

Murphy has been poor but he can only get better. He needs to start a game and be involved, 5 minute cameos are no good

Needs time and support. As I've said earlier in the thread there's a few factors that make this a really unique and challenging situation for the player, not helped by the fact we have started well and he's coming on for players who are largely playing well.

Our fans have an ugly tendency to jump on a players back with complaints and groans in a match situation. That will kill the lad off and he's clearly a player with much potential, like Thauvin when he was here. So aye, let's try and refrain from the pelters. It's unwarranted entirely. If he looks the same after a year or so, maybe, but right now it's ridiculous.

Cliche tastic

Guest Howaythetoon

Awful cameo, and clearly lacking in confidence. His signing smacks of Ashley taking another punt on a young player with potential and with a potential resale value which Rafa was probably happy with thinking bigger funds would be forthcoming to bolster the first team...

Guest neesy111

Pathetic by the fans to get on his back like they did.  He's clearly struggling but getting on his back isn't going to help at all.

Very bad call by Rafa so far to buy and be bringing him off the bench.

Pathetic by the fans to get on his back like they did.  He's clearly struggling but getting on his back isn't going to help at all.

Very bad call by Rafa so far to buy and be bringing him off the bench.

Stop being so cliche tastic man. [emoji6]

Was he getting shit off the fans like?  :'(

Fucking hell man, just what he needs. Doesn't look a player mind, can't see anything in him which would suggest he's anywhere near ready to complete for a bench spot never mind on the pitch. I'd get him out on loan sharpish, doing nothing for his development being here.

Fans booing and abusing a player eh, stupid c***s. Just what someone needs to build their confidence.

When did this happen like?

Every time he lost the ball there were groans but the time he was perceived to be not chasing back for it he got absolute pelters.

Thought you were there? Just contradicting what's said on here for the sake of it?

Fans booing and abusing a player eh, stupid c***s. Just what someone needs to build their confidence.

Every time he lost the ball there were groans but the time he was perceived to be not chasing back for it he got absolute pelters.

Thought you were there? Just contradicting what's said on here for the sake of it?

Wallsendmag doesn’t like bad things being said about the crowd.

I think there’s a good player in there. His confidence is in pieces at the minute and he’s not had much opportunity. We’ve got supporters who groan every time we don’t play a forward pass and haven’t a clue what’s actually going on on the pitch and though I didn’t hear any booing (can’t believe there was), he may need to grow a thicker skin just now. Can’t be sending him out on loan.

Guest Howaythetoon

Maybe the step up is too big for him, he is clearly lacking confidence though. I'd loan him out in January if we can.

Who is blaming everything on the fans?

I certainly wasn't, I was confirming Murphy got dog's abuse when it looked like he didn't chase after the ball, which is true.

I didn't hear much abuse in the Library (East Stand).

We do have a crowd that generates the biggest moans in the Premiership though, and any player coming here has to be able to rise above it. I thought the right mentality was now part of our recruitment?

Murphy did have a great opportunity to impress on Saturday as their right back had just received a yellow card and was really struggling against Atsu. I'm sure Murphy was told to get at him but his first attempt to run at him and cross was poor and he never recovered from that.

I was there. There were a few groans when he lost the ball which is understandable, especially the way he was losing the ball when he was letting the full back simply walk it off him.

I never heard anyone boo or abuse him though, certainly not in the Gallowgate. I think you're making that bit up.