Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

You expected us to wisely spend every penny of our limited funds without no signings missing the mark like? :lol:

The biggest issue with our limited funds was that we never had a coherent plan with how we would spend them because our daft sell to buy policy. There was no chance of Benitez ever building an effective squad under that shite.

Guest firetotheworks

Hmm, £15m would have gotten you Chris Wood. Nathan Ake went for £20m. Neither are established PL strikers.

Tammy Abraham, who Rafa wanted on loan but wasn't allowed. Ofcourse Jordan is blaming the signing of Jacob Murphy for our awful squad though.

No i'm not. I'm saying we've spent money on dross that could have collectively bought a player who possesses the quality we actually need.

Guest firetotheworks

I thought you said a proper pl striker? Wood wasn't that when he signed. Wood is perfect for Burnley, but he's not a Rafa player really.

Guest reefatoon

I'm still p*ssed off we spent £12M on this guy when we have Aarons in that position ffs.

Aye. Instead of him and Joselu, a tasty £17 mil striker would have come in handy.

Tammy Abraham, who Rafa wanted on loan but wasn't allowed. Ofcourse Jordan is blaming the signing of Jacob Murphy for our awful squad though.

No i'm not. I'm saying we've spent money on dross that could have collectively bought a player who possesses the quality we actually need.

I am quite sure there is a player somewhere in the world available for 12 million that could beat one man, put in an occasional adequate cross, complete a few passes and not lose the ball in dangerous areas. All things that Murphy has failed to do thus far.

I am not looking to dismiss the boy's chances right away. I have seen the same highlights as everyone else. He has talent, but is low on confidence and adjusting. However, he is currently useless and a detriment to the first team. I don't understand why he was the most expensive transfer in the window.

Needs time and support. As I've said earlier in the thread there's a few factors that make this a really unique and challenging situation for the player, not helped by the fact we have started well and he's coming on for players who are largely playing well.

Our fans have an ugly tendency to jump on a players back with complaints and groans in a match situation. That will kill the lad off and he's clearly a player with much potential, like Thauvin when he was here. So aye, let's try and refrain from the pelters. It's unwarranted entirely. If he looks the same after a year or so, maybe, but right now it's ridiculous.

Aye, and Thauvin is now absolutely class. So hence our fans aren't always right. In fact a lot of the time they're too quick to judge and vocalise that live and online, and that can literally wipe out a players chances of improving.

That said, the Thauvin and Murphy cases are very different, I don't think Thauvin really wanted to play for us, where as Murphy probably wants to play for us too much, to the extent his natural game goes out the window and it's all in his head rather than the body, instinct and rhythm he will possess as a pro.