Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

Just needs time.

Rubbish hes absolutely shocking much in the same mould as all the cheap shit buys that we have accumulated....Joselu,Manquillo,Diame,Perez...All absolutely piss poor and not strong enough for this division

We have been beaten by teams we expect to compete with heaven help us when we play teams that attack us wave after wave away from home

We'll probably be better given that's what we're set up to beat.

:lol: It's as if people haven't watched our games other than Burnley, Brighton and Huddersfield.

Guest firetotheworks

I've not seen anything from him yet that's going to worry Premiership defenders.

Decent athlete but his touch on the ball looks dodgy is my early impression.

And yet you worshipped Sammy Ameobi. [emoji38]

He's barely played so hard to judge him, and unfair to. My initial impression is that he doesn't seem up to it, but that could myriad reasons. He seems scared to take people on atm.

He's obviously a bit tense, like the first day at a new job. The narrative around signing him and connections to the north east are probably adding to the pressure and what he thinks everybody expects of him. Once he loosens up a bit he will be fine, his game is taking players on and taking shots at goal. Him feeling tense takes away both of those things, or atleast makes them a lot harder. Just hope our fans give him the time and support he needs.

Couldn't agree more with this. He looks completely devoid of confidence, that's all. Watching him for Norwich and England U21 he obviously has the talent that Rafa has seen he just needs time in the first XI. My prediction is he'll become the player we were expecting in the latter stages of this season.

He's barely played so hard to judge him, and unfair to. My initial impression is that he doesn't seem up to it, but that could myriad reasons. He seems scared to take people on atm.

He's obviously a bit tense, like the first day at a new job. The narrative around signing him and connections to the north east are probably adding to the pressure and what he thinks everybody expects of him. Once he loosens up a bit he will be fine, his game is taking players on and taking shots at goal. Him feeling tense takes away both of those things, or atleast makes them a lot harder. Just hope our fans give him the time and support he needs.

Couldn't agree more with this. He looks completely devoid of confidence, that's all. Watching him for Norwich and England U21 he obviously has the talent that Rafa has seen he just needs time in the first XI. My prediction is he'll become the player we were expecting in the latter stages of this season.

Yeah definitely, I'm not alarmed at all. He's probably just overthinking it a bit when he makes it onto the pitch, wanting to make an impression so much. As soon as he feels more comfortable and gets out of his head a bit, we'll start to see his talent come through and more fluidity return to his game. All it will take is one good appearance from him where he takes a player on or gets a good shot at goal and the confidence comes rushing back. Just need our fans to stick behind him, no moans or groans when he makes the inevitable errors!

I've not seen anything from him yet that's going to worry Premiership defenders.

Decent athlete but his touch on the ball looks dodgy is my early impression.

And yet you worshipped Sammy Ameobi. [emoji38]

I still think I'm right.

Guest firetotheworks

Murphy hasn't shown anywhere near the amount of flair Sammy did, tbf. The latter was winning us League Cup games when he was 20.

He hasn't had anywhere near the amount of game time Sammy did either. Murphy's been winning Championship games, just not with us.

I think Aarons deserves a chance ahead of this guy, he looks scared of playing.

What's Aarons done to say he deserves a chance?

He did look a little more focused for the last u23 game, than he had previously. Both Atsu and Ritchie had poor games at Burnley from a final ball perspective (although Atsu did make some good runs, just lacked that final ball) and they both need to step up their contributions on that game. But you would be a mad person to change either one of them out with Murphy or Aarons right now, firmly believe Murphy's time will come though, not sure if Aarons will ever be Rafa's cup of tea though.