Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

• 2 weeks later...

He is really frustrating. Was heavily involved in a lot of our good attacking play. Won a good few corners, which we look quite dangerous from these days, and his workrate was top notch. 

But fuck me, he is infuriating with his 9/10 to 2/10 moments. The amount of times he just kicks it to the other team. There was one where he just had to open his body and roll it to Willock on his right foot, who was in acres of space. Just slap-shotted it on his left straight to the West Ham midfielder. It was like me playing 5 a side. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

Think it was @neesy111who pointed out pre-match that it's no good starting him in matches which seems to be spot on. He'll always be a decent option off the bench against tired legs with his pace & directness though. 

Anyway, he worked hard today & next game ASM will be back.

Guest neesy111
3 hours ago, Conjo said:

Think it was @neesy111who pointed out pre-match that it's no good starting him in matches which seems to be spot on. He'll always be a decent option off the bench against tired legs with his pace & directness though. 

Anyway, he worked hard today & next game ASM will be back.

Yeah, his legs and pace is what makes him good off the bench for his limited nature.

He’s very raw still despite his age, I like him me, he’s a threat, but he’s neither here nor there in terms of being a solid player.

1 minute ago, Joey Linton said:

He's a bang average, upper championship player. With a 6 year premier league contract. 

:lol: Christ I didn't know that.

26 years old and in his fifth(!) season at the club. He's a trier and I've no ill will toward him but he should be well outside the 25 man squad next season and getting moved on. Should still be able to get a reasonable enough fee for him from a Championship club I imagine. 

11 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

There's a bit talking about that strategy on Ben Foster's podcast with Rob Elliot, talking about how mad it is. 

I bet Blob couldn't believe his luck when he got one, the fat cunt.

Murphy has all the attributes to be a good player, he’s strong fast and skill full…….however he lacks in composure and frustratingly doesn’t have the confidence to back his own abilities.

Hopefully he knuckles down and he gains confidence, if so he could evolve into a special player.

Edited by Wild Geese