Javier Manquillo (now playing for Celta de Vigo)

Parsley

Guest chopey

Aye, Dummett performances were totally Dummett throughout. Nothing ground-breaking. I like him.

My thoughts exactly

Guest chopey

OK then, I mean I hate Dummett but I thought the consensus was he had got better.

I like him, full of good old Geordie Brown ale and Stottie cakes

I liked it when he shackled the best player in the history of football Knockeart at Brighton, he's good at pure backs to the wall stuff.  Then remember back to Bristol City at home where he had a horror show.  Think he'll be useful for us but we still need an upgrade or at least someone to come in and challenge him

I thought Dummett was one of our better players last year. He's never going to be the greatest attacking outlet in the world but defensively he barely put a foot wrong for the most part. If he can carry that form and confidence into next season then he'll be ok. Definitely need some competition for him though, as it appears Lazaar isn't going to make the grade.

I've always thought Dummett was better than he's given credit for defensively, and a liability with the ball. Nothing I saw last year changed any of it, surprised people have seen improvement somehow. Maybe they are just seeing his defensive ability now where previously they only saw his clumsy football going forward.

I've always thought Dummett was better than he's given credit for defensively, and a liability with the ball. Nothing I saw last year changed any of it, surprised people have seen improvement somehow. Maybe they are just seeing his defensive ability now where previously they only saw his clumsy football going forward.

Probably this because of the fact that Rafa is playing him to his strengths, hes not asking him to do the things we all know he struggles with.

Probably this because of the fact that Rafa is playing him to his strengths, hes not asking him to do the things we all know he struggles with.

Do you think his instructions are to shit himself and pass the ball back to Clark half of the time? Going to set us back a lot this season if he's starting. So much pressure on Yedlin and Manquillo if he does start.

So let me get this straight, Marseille fans rated him, Liverpool fans rated him but Sunderland fans don't?

My brain is awash with conflicting views. Oh, who to believe?

:lol:

Dummett is a bang average Championship standard full back imo. Not great going forward, alright defending. Gives his all, we must upgrade on him, without a doubt.

I agree with you, just won't be surprised if Rafa chooses to prioritise other positions this summer. We don't have that much money to play with so can't see him spending £10m on a full back tbh.

Dummett is a bang average Championship standard full back imo. Not great going forward, alright defending. Gives his all, we must upgrade on him, without a doubt.

I agree with you, just won't be surprised if Rafa chooses to prioritise other positions this summer. We don't have that much money to play with so can't see him spending £10m on a full back tbh.

The problem is Anita has gone and if Lazaar goes we'll have no cover at all, apart from players being used out of position (Clark, Mbemba etc).

I think we'll sign a LB, whether to start or back up Dummett, not sure we have a choice like.

The problem is Anita has gone and if Lazaar goes we'll  have no cover at all, apart from players being used out of position (Clark, Mbemba etc).

I think we'll sign a LB, whether to start or back up Dummett, not sure we have a choice like.

Manquillo, Haidara and Gamez will be here. Why would Mbemba, Clark and Colback be needed?