Javier Manquillo (now playing for Celta de Vigo)

Parsley

Guest alijmitchell

I really dislike dummett as a lb, but anyone who rates manquillo over him is certifiably insane. At least dummett can defend

I prefer players who can play football. Dummett is average at playing slide tackling (usually as a necessity after f***ing up higher up the pitch). It's a myth that he is a good defender. Only enhanced because of his s*** ball control. I'd say he is comfortably the worst player with the ball at his feet in the entire PL.

Manquillo is s***, but not to the level of Dummett. Agree with the ones who would rather see Mbemba play.

:thup:

Dummett currently experiencing the weird scenario where some people think a certain player suddenly becomes better than they are because they have been out injured for some time and/or their replacement is crap.

See Rolando Aarons for another example.  I'm sure it used to happen with Ryan Taylor, as well. 

I have to be honest.  Despite never rating Dummett or thinking he is going to solve our problems at left back.  I do genuinely think he is a better option than Manquillo.  Especially in games against better teams.  Neither inspires much confidence and it is an area that needs looking at nearly as badly as our options, or lack of, up front and at no.10.

Come on, if you read some of my posts from last season about Dummett I got hammered for raising the same points about footballing ability that you’re making. The thing is, as much as I hate him as a player he is far ahead of manquillo as a defender

If he was so bad yesterday I wonder what that says about Yedlin, because that's the side all of Watford's goals came from yesterday.

Yedlin has generally been pretty decent this season, he just had a really bad game yesterday. Manquillo has been pretty much poor in every game he's played.

Yedlin has been rubbish in the last two games and that's one game too many for me. Ritchie didn't help, but that doesn't excuse Yedlin, he's the right back so if we're getting murdered down that side, he's got to take the majority of the blame.

It was Ritchie's man that was murdering us though

I thought they were both at fault, Yedlin wasn't in the right position regardless of Ritchie.

If he was so bad yesterday I wonder what that says about Yedlin, because that's the side all of Watford's goals came from yesterday.

Yedlin has generally been pretty decent this season, he just had a really bad game yesterday. Manquillo has been pretty much poor in every game he's played.

Yedlin has been rubbish in the last two games and that's one game too many for me. Ritchie didn't help, but that doesn't excuse Yedlin, he's the right back so if we're getting murdered down that side, he's got to take the majority of the blame.

If it wasn't for Yedlin we wouldn't have scored against Man Utd

If it wasn't for Yedlin they wouldn't have equalised either. He's a defender first, that's what he has to get right. Same goes for Manquillo obviously, but I think he's defended better than Yedlin in the last couple of games.

If it wasn't for Yedlin they wouldn't have equalised either. He's a defender first, that's what he has to get right. Same goes for Manquillo obviously, but I think he's defended better than Yedlin in the last couple of games.

I don't think he could have done much to stop the equaliser

Ritchie didn't help Yedlin out at all yesterday too

And that is a key reason why Enrique was our best LB so most of us think. The reason was Jonas did so much work for him and with him and vice versa. The pairs understanding was why it worked, then Enrique left and Jonas game deteriorated.

Fullbacks and wide men should have a sound understanding, just like strike partners or midfield pairs. Defensive pairs etc.

With those two it just worked down that left side.

Also, barely anyone could pass Enrique one on one. Too quick and strong as well as being composed, rarely went down to tackle.

When ha was at his best for a period he was insanely solid.

Aye!  When we got back in the Premier League me and my mate used to laugh at wingers trying to get past him.  After a few months most of them stopped even trying. He was awesome for that short time.

• 2 weeks later...

I made the mistake of rewatching the own goal from Saturday and I seriously can’t believe how this kid managed to get the ball from the left wing on a counter drove into the box,  cut in and lost it. And then just let them counter as he was gassed / dejected. He easily could have just smacked a left foot shot at the goal or just hit his usual wank cross.

Sooner he’s out of this team the better man.

Dummett, Mbemba, Gamez, or Clark ffs plz.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone show me a worse fullback than this c***? f***ing hell.

He's not that bad man. Way over the top.

The vast, vast majority of their openings were down to him in that half. Didn’t stop the cross for the goal, hides when we’re in possession (see when Atsu had it deep and he set off on a nice little run behind their winger) and doesn’t say a peep on the pitch.

He’s piss poor, more or less everyone else did their jobs defensively there.

The vast, vast majority of their openings were down to him in that half. Didn’t stop the cross for the goal, hides when we’re in possession (see when Atsu had it deep and he set off on a nice little run behind their winger) and doesn’t say a peep on the pitch.

He’s p*ss poor, more or less everyone else did their jobs defensively there.

:thup: Happens every week but there's always some who refuse to see it for some reason.

Guest neesy111

He’s piss poor, more or less everyone else did their jobs defensively there.

This.

I thought he was awful, sane was going past him at ease all through the half.