Javier Manquillo (now playing for Celta de Vigo)

Parsley

He was s*** but the penalty decision went against him.

To be fair, he’s not the only fullback to struggle to cope with Sterling’s pace/quick feet. Unlucky with the pen for me.

Yep. If anything that incident showed he's clearly taking things on board because he only had eyes for the run of Sterling in the one-two. He didn't get attracted to the ball, or ball watch, when Sterling made the first pass you could see in the replay that the first thing he did was see where Sterling was going and followed him. He wasn't caught flat footed or anything. Not his fault Sterling is rapid.

Didn't help him that he fell just before Sterling fell, made it look like there was more contact than there was

I thought that too. Seemed to me he did everything right the way he turned to stay with the player but he was just unlucky

• 6 months later...

Had to go back several pages to find this thread, such is the lack of interest in this chap.

Looking like he’ll be playing at RB for much of the season if Yedlin is proper fucked.

By my count he started 19 games for us last season (+2 as sub)

Of those 19:

Win - 4 games

Loss - 13 games

Draw - 2

Had to go back several pages to find this thread, such is the lack of interest in this chap.

Looking like he’ll be playing at RB for much of the season if Yedlin is proper fucked.

By my count he started 19 games for us last season (+2 as sub)

Of those 19:

Win - 4 games

Loss - 13 games

Draw - 2

Need to include if Lascelles was playing next to him or not.

It’s not really his fault he’s not as fast as Murphy mind, everyone knew that going in.

There's ways for slow players to not get exposed by pace like. Murphy's quicker than most full backs, doesn't mean he'll get that much joy every game

It’s not really his fault he’s not as fast as Murphy mind, everyone knew that going in.

He's terrible every time he plays though, this has been obvious since day 1. I've literally never seen a game from him which isn't utterly horrible on the defensive side.