Mikel Merino

Disco

"You have to fight for the ball, defend, run. I love running. If I finish a match and I’m not exhausted, that means I haven’t given 100 per cent, and that would be wrong."

Passes the Carver DNA test for me, like.

Nah Carver thought Mehdi Abeid ran too much.

"You have to fight for the ball, defend, run. I love running. If I finish a match and I’m not exhausted, that means I haven’t given 100 per cent, and that would be wrong."

I forgot how much John hated Abeid.

Remember also when he said publicly that Janmaat got sent off on purpose? :lol: Memories...

Remember also when he said publicly that Janmaat got sent off on purpose? :lol: Memories...

Was it not Williams ?

Was it not Williams ?

Oh sorry yes, it was Moke Williamson.

Has there been any talk as to how much the buy clause is? I can't help but feel whatever it is will be an absolute steal at this rate.

Nevertheless, the Chronicle have revealed that Dortmund have recouped pretty much all of that transfer fee paid to Osasuna, with Newcastle paying £2.7m just to loan the 21 year old for this upcoming season.

They further confirm that Newcastle are obliged to pay another £6.5m if Merino plays a specified number of games for United.

Makes you wonder why Dortmund didn't fancy him?

Or maybe he was never given the chance to show what he can do there as he has been given here. I read an interview with him where he said he felt undervalued at Dortmund whereas he has been very welcomed here, and I think seemingly small, human things like that can have a profound effect on a player in games and in training.

Or maybe he was never given the chance to show what he can do there as he has been given here. I read an interview with him where he said he felt undervalued at Dortmund whereas he has been very welcomed here, and I think seemingly small, human things like that can have a profound effect on a player in games and in training.

Probably because he had Weigl as direct competition for a place.

Wonder if he did get some interest from some bigger clubs next summer or whenever if he'd think twice about joining after his experience at Dortmund of not playing much.

Hope he stays with us for a long time

Good point, he seems a pretty switched on guy as well like.

All he has to do is look at Cabaye et al, not the worst place in the world to be for a player, Newcastle. Especially now we have a real coach.

Had Weigl among others playing there and I believe they even were looking at him as a CB. As good as Tuchel was cultivating Pulisic and others (Dembele was cant miss), Merino looks like he could be the biggest miss. Although Julian Weigl is the real deal and German so its not shocking at all.

Flippping heck... mind now full of an imagined catastrophic Lemming-like exodus. What if  'Albert the lesser' is wrong? Merino flits-off to casually cruise the castles and beaches of Spain leaving Rafa behind? Then Thomas decides to do one, anyway, takes up a less stressful hobby like being hunted by dogs. Deuce keeps his word, and Kai is next to fall on his sword! Carnage...