Mikel Merino

Disco

Does this mean the club isn't going to be sold? :sad:

We wouldn't be signing new players and spending any cash if there was an imminent change in ownership

Nope it means we agreed to buy him after a certain number of games in the summer, like Brighton did with Krul and so on.

I don't get the confusion tbh, we were contractually obliged to buy him not just an option but obliged. If we refused to do so there would have been legal problems ffs. :lol:

This means absolutely fuck all in relation to anything.

Terrific news. I'd be very interested to know what Dortmund fans generally think of this as it looks like an absolute steal.

Wouldn't be the first player that hasn't looked like a world-beater that Rafa's apparently turned around, not even at this club. Probably the same way Villa fans feel about Clark.

He probably didn't look like a world beater because he played a handful of times and in the centre of defence ffs :lol: Rafa is fantastic but lets not give him too much credit.

Reserve that for the likes of Clark, Lascelles etc etc.

Feel great about our club at the moment and this deal just epitomises it. We're sailing in calm waters for once, and I forgot how it feels to be able to rest assured in regards to NUFC. Thanks obviously goes to Rafa and the brilliant bunch of lads he has working under him, who seem to genuinely give a shit for once :thup:

Does this mean the club isn't going to be sold? :sad:

We wouldn't be signing new players and spending any cash if there was an imminent change in ownership

Nope it means we agreed to buy him after a certain number of games in the summer, like Brighton did with Krul and so on.

I don't get the confusion tbh, we were contractually obliged to buy him not just an option but obliged. If we refused to do so there would have been legal problems ffs. :lol:

This means absolutely f*** all in relation to anything.

I didn't know we were contractually obligated to sign him :thup:

Great news!

I'm assuming we had an obligation to buy him after a certain amount of games played but we decided to activate the deal early cos he's fucking mint.

Let's hope he can continue to get better and better so Fat Mike can make a massive profit on him next summer and he plays a massive part in us becoming a Premier League force again  :)

Great news!

I'm assuming we had an obligation to buy him after a certain amount of games played but we decided to activate the deal early cos he's f***ing mint.

Let's hope he can continue to get better and better so Fat Mike can make a massive profit on him next summer and he plays a massive part in us becoming a Premier League force again  :)

Like it [emoji38]

Rafa "Lee activate the "he's fucking mint clause early."

Lee "Are you sure? It does mean opening a new book of stamps?"

Guest firetotheworks

Actually I'll have you know that I'd been doing a self portrait with Skittles.

1618278_1443014449320731_1389837808652042538_o.jpg?oh=cd4a541f7c66f04b27230121d0325e76&oe=5A3C08EA

That's just the nearest photo I could get, he does actually really look like what I did when he smiles.