Mikel Merino

Disco

He had a poor game by his standards, and misplaced the ball a fair bit, but we did start playing the ball forward more when he came on, and you could tell he was the focal point of the team, and the person people we're looking to do something, and he got a goal. Not sure why people are suddenly jumping on his back after what was his first iffy game.

He had a poor game by his standards, and misplaced the ball a fair bit, but we did start playing the ball forward more when he came on, and you could tell he was the focal point of the team, and the person people we're looking to do something, and he got a goal. Not sure why people are suddenly jumping on his back after what was his first iffy game.

:thup:

Bit OTT to say people are jumping on his back mind.

Compared to his normal aplomb from what we've seen so far he was misplacing passes. I don't think that constitutes jumping on his back. I agree we looked better once he came on despite the passing. :)

Doesn't help central mids coming on as subs mind. They have to find the rhythm more than most other positions.

If he had started, we probably would have played better but Rafa knows what he's doing.

Guest firetotheworks

People think he changed the way we played, others think he didn't. That's not jumping on his back.

How was he ‘fucking awful’? :lol:

Couldn’t pass, gave Palace several opportunities to break (which they couldn’t take), failed to tackle them, tried to foul them and he couldn’t even manage that :lol:

I thought he misplaced a couple passes but other than that he seemed fine. He wasn’t great like and neither was anybody else, but when he came on I thought Shelvey noticibly was allowed forward on the ball more whether by instruction or not and we looked better.

Rafa mentioned post match that Merino had "little issues" coming back from international duty.  Now that could be anything from a niggle to tactical issues and with Rafa, I can't call it. 

Explains why he came on from the bench and perhaps why he wasn't at his usual standard.  Although, I do think that it was a torrid game to be in our midfield.  The way the game was ebbing, made it so difficult to get into a rhythm.