Newcastle United vs. Tottenham Hotspur - 13/08/17 @ 1.30pm (Sky Sports)

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wonder who'll play 10 tomorrow. Argument for anyone of Perez, Ritchie or Shelvey

Perez off Mitro I reckon. Ritchie and maybe Atsu on the flanks. Cannot think of more defensive minded winger who would be in instead of Atsu.

Think we'll just look to keep the ball and control the game tomorrow.

Wonder who'll play 10 tomorrow. Argument for anyone of Perez, Ritchie or Shelvey

Perez off Mitro I reckon. Ritchie and maybe Atsu on the flanks. Cannot think of more defensive minded winger who would be in instead of Atsu.

Think that'd be massively ambitious against Spurs' press. Expecting to see us quite compact and direct.

Either way just want us to be committed and competitive. Get amongst them.

Probably, but caution would see Hayden and Merino anchor the middle and going for it out wide would see Atsu and Murph ripping their nee full backs to bits. Also Rafa ain't a Mitro fan so I wouldn't be surprised to see Perez up top.

Think that'd be massively ambitious against Spurs' press. Expecting to see us quite compact and direct.

Either way just want us to be committed and competitive. Get amongst them.

:thup:

I think we're capable of keeping the ball. Just need to be clinical and not dick about too much.

Probably, but caution would see Hayden and Merino anchor the middle and going for it out wide would see Atsu and Murph ripping their nee full backs to bits. Also Rafa ain't a Mitro fan so I wouldn't be surprised to see Perez up top.

He's had a good pre-season Mitro' though and generally I think he might be seen as a way out / better defensive option as well particularly for set-plays. Will be interesting. I like Perez up top like, think with an intelligent and bulky number 10 or strike partner alongside him he could be really effective.

Lejeune to Atsu all day long, hopefully it works.

Lejeune is gonna be a favourite of mine I reckon like.

I'm worried that he wont start tomorrow with Lascalles being made captain.

As for the rest of the game I'm worried about their 3 behind Kane to the point that I'd go with a 3 in the middle and bring Ritchie narrower as part of that 3.

Lejeune to Atsu all day long, hopefully it works.

Lejeune is gonna be a favourite of mine I reckon like.

I'm worried that he wont start tomorrow with Lascalles being made captain.

As for the rest of the game I'm worried about their 3 behind Kane to the point that I'd go with a 3 in the middle and bring Ritchie narrower as part of that 3.

That'd make sense to do like. Think Lejeune will be a definite starter personally. From Rafa's latest interviews it may be that Lascelles doesn't start and someone else takes the captaincy on the day. Think it will be Lascelles and Lejuene though tomorrow for first game back.

I think there is a load of blatant negativity around the club at the moment in a time when it should be the opposite. If we were all guns blazing and not sliding towards crisis once again, with the owner and manager having it out in interviews, I'd fancy us to win. Luckily, Spurs are in a bit of a crisis themselves. 1-2 defeat I reckon though.

I've borrowed a season ticket for this.  Thing is its a senior ticket, I doubt it'll be a issue but has anyone had a problem with that before? (getting stopped for having a ticket they don't qualify for).

Also how the hell do you work these new season ticket cards?  Do you just push any part of it into a slot or something? :)

It's a great feeling to be back in the a Premier League but I haven't missed the feeling of hoping we don't get smashed every game. I was more confident earlier in the week but I think it'll be a tough afternoon.

Would be over the moon with a draw.

1-1

Mitrovic off to a flyer.

What do we reckon for the team and bench then?

Eliiot; Manquillo, Lejeune, Clark, Dummett; Shelvey, Hayden; Ritchie, Perez, Atsu; Mitrovic (4-2-3-1)

Darlow, Lascelles, Mbemba, Diame, Aarons, Murphy, Gayle

Gamez, Merino and De Jong to miss the 18.

What do we reckon for the team and bench then?

Eliiot; Manquillo, Lejeune, Clark, Dummett; Shelvey, Hayden; Ritchie, Perez, Atsu; Mitrovic (4-2-3-1)

Darlow, Lascelles, Mbemba, Diame, Aarons, Murphy, Gayle

Gamez, Merino and De Jong to miss the 18.

I'll be surprised if that's not the team unless Gayle fancies a game. I think merino will make the bench, not sure about dejong. Shows we have options though.