Joselu (now playing for Real Madrid)

Dave

Guest reefatoon

Yeah, he had a poor game today mind, looked slow and off the pace all game. Wasn't the only one either mind, but having a striker that can finish is vital, and he isn't really looking like that is going to be a part of his game.

Just echoing what i was saying after the Stoke game and got chewed out for, he's a 5 million striker for a reason, a six goal a season front man. And you can see it clearly in the last couple of games, need to change it.

Gonna cost us all season the fact our first choice striker is a £5 million Stoke reject, unfortunately. Mike Ashley is a c***.

Pretty much. Cost us the game today certainly.

:lol: Like fuck did he, what cost us the game is not being able to create anything. As it has nearly every loss since Cabaye and Ben Arfa left.

Don't get me wrong he wasn't very good but neither would any other striker, i hope people don't expect Gayle to change anything.

Gonna cost us all season the fact our first choice striker is a £5 million Stoke reject, unfortunately. Mike Ashley is a c***.

Pretty much. Cost us the game today certainly.

:lol: Like f*** did he, what cost us the game is not being able to create anything. As it has nearly every loss since Cabaye and Ben Arfa left.

Don't get me wrong he wasn't very good but neither would any other striker, i hope people don't expect Gayle to change anything.

Aye there's not much genuine creativity at CM, nothing worked for Ritchie, Atsu was piss poor in the second half, Perez not a fret and apparently neither is Joselu.

When you play with just one up front, that player needs to be banging them in, or creating chances for others, e's doing neither and offering little in the link up play to warrant his inclusion

Neither does the alternatives, when Gayle starts the same discussion will happen as it will with Mitrovic.

I'd rather stick with him because we know he moves better off the ball than Mitrovic does and links play better than Gayle does, Gayle's ability to finish is completely irrelevant as we don't create enough at this level.

I do wonder when the penny will drop that none of them are actually good enough and even if they were we simply don't create chances anyway so it doesn't matter.

Guest firetotheworks

I still have hope for him tbh. Bad game though, no doubt about that. I'm in two minds about his missed chances being how it'll always be or whether him finishing them is just a matter of time.

He still brings more than Gayle and Mitrovic at the moment.

Think Gayle would have done better today but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Joselu gets into some great positions but has been let down by his finishing.

He was shite today nobody denies that, i just think people really have forgotten how bad Gayle is at anything outside the box and Mitrovic isn't any better than Joselu anyway.

Basically none of them are good enough and none of them are the answer, might as well stick with the guy who actually contributed to wins this season.