Joselu (now playing for Real Madrid)

Dave

Some truly abysmal finishing from him today. Glad it didn't cost us but worrying. I guess it's what you get for £5 million.

It's not worrying.

If it happens 5 games in a row it's worrying. Not after 1.

And I'm not including Swansea because that save from his header was world class.

Some truly abysmal finishing from him today. Glad it didn't cost us but worrying. I guess it's what you get for £5 million.

It's not worrying.

If it happens 5 games in a row it's worrying. Not after 1.

And I'm not including Swansea because that save from his header was world class.

:thup:

We definitely play better with him up front and I'd have him in the team for that reason. Sure every striker misses chances however those weren't half chances. Every single one was through on goal. You have to bury at least one of those chances at this level. Hopefully he was just hyped up and he'll do better going forward.

Striker missing chances > striker not getting chances

He'll know he should have had a couple today, but he absolutely must have been trying hard to score against his old team - probably too hard. We play better as a team with him on the pitch from what I've seen.

Spot on :thup:

We definitely play better with him up front and I'd have him in the team for that reason. Sure every striker misses chances however those weren't half chances. Every single one was through on goal. You have to bury at least one of those chances at this level. Hopefully he was just hyped up and he'll do better going forward.

The only one I'd give him a bit of slack on was the second. That was a tricky one to put either side of, or over Butland.

It's got to either be him or Mitrovic, and he just gives the same issues. Although he'd took his chances well in pre season and in his cameos so far. Gayle would have scored the second, but I doubt he have got on to the first, or have been able to take the third on his chest and get into the box like Joselu did.

We need one of the two big lads up front because they make us a better team all round.

Striker missing chances > striker not getting chances

He'll know he should have had a couple today, but he absolutely must have been trying hard to score against his old team - probably too hard. We play better as a team with him on the pitch from what I've seen.

Exactlly this. Just try to imagine how much adrenaline was flowing through him today, up against a manager who basically hung him out to dry for months.

He's getting in great positions, while also giving us the physical focal point we need up front to get ourselves up the pitch. But for a wonder save last week, he'd now have 2 in 3 for us. People calling him need their head shaking.

Could have cost us the game today obviously, he's a lucky boy that we got that second. Looked like a 5 million striker today. I must admit, I'm not convinced, even before today. Would personally go with Gayle next game but expecting Rafa will keep faith.

Keep playing him, on another day (and maybe another team he was playing against) he'd have put 1 or 2 of those away. I really like him, brilliant in the air, keeps us ticking, works his bollocks off too. I think we're going to look better with a big focal point striker like him or Mitro this season tbh.

Could have cost us the game today obviously, he's a lucky boy that we got that second. Looked like a 5 million striker today. I must admit, I'm not convinced, even before today. Would personally go with Gayle next game but expecting Rafa will keep faith.

I don't get this. We've been so much better since the hour mark of the Huddersfield game and that's surely no coincidence? We've looked a different prospect since then and the last 3 games. Mainly thanks to having that focal point up front.

I like him, but he was poor today but I think that was just him trying too hard to impress instead of relaxing.

He had a very long chat with Jack Butland at the end of the game and then they had a massive hug before leaving the pitch with Lascelles giving him some encouragement too.

Shaquiri had given him a hug and had a chat just before KO as well with him nearly missing our huddle because of it.

I don't get this. We've been so much better since the hour mark of the Huddersfield game and that's surely no coincidence? We've looked a different prospect since then and the last 3 games. Mainly thanks to having that focal point up front.

We've needed a focal point for sure, but really Gayle was so bad in those first couple of games, virtually anyone could have offered more. I've seen nothing from Joselu to show he's anything more than the 5 million striker we bought. Picking up a proper striker was a big mistake this off season, we've got one that can't stay out of trouble, another that offers so little to the team when he's not scoring that it's like playing with 10 men for the most part and a third that on today's evidence is the 6 goal striker he was last season. If we are playing with one up front they have to be relied upon to score more than that, we were not talking about half chances today, 3 times he was wide open on goal and once hit the target with a back pass to the keeper.

His shooting is awful. He's a centre forward with the finishing of a centre back. Needs big improvement.

Other aspects of his game or good though.

Oh do jog on - and once you get there, keep going.

:lol:

What a horrendous post.

Fairly reasonable one like :lol:

What a horrendous post.

Yeah I'm not quite sure what was so controversial there, but whatever.

Should keep his place. As frustrating as it was watching him miss fairly easy chances (the 1st and the 3rd particularly) we're a much better side with him in the team. His contribution to our build-up play has been essential of late, and is something Gayle unfortunately cannot offer. Glad we got the win and Joselu wasn't made to rue his missed chances, he should be extra fired up to score against Brighton now.

What a horrendous post.

Yeah I'm not quite sure what was so controversial there, but whatever.

I think Gayle dosn't offer us much in this system, we need players who could challenge for the ball and bring in other players, Joselu could've costed us today but plays his part in the team, if you want to see what we're like with Gayle see the first two games when we were just hopelessly punting balls trying to get him in behind the defense.