Newcastle United 2 - 3 Nottingham Forest (AET) - 23/08/17 (post-match from p20)

Disco

It comes back to signings again. It sounds like we created loads of chances. If we'd gone out and bought a good quality forward we might have been able to take him on to put 1 or 2 of them away.

More ammo for the media to carry on this ridiculous circus.

Team sent out was good enough to win, team had numerous chances to win it and fucked it up.

Meh.

Even worse when you're own Owner is backing/funding it.

Mike Ashley's early season objectives completed;

1. Lie to Benitez

2. Get knocked out of league cup

3. Divide the supporter base and get some to turn on Benitez

4. Stand back and laugh your tits off after beasting those poor geordies again

Some things will never change. Benitez gone by Sept 1st, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest neesy111

I can get my head around sticking with one up, stubborn isn't the word for it. Limited to one formation all the time, espeically when the game isn't going well is ridiculous. :undecided:

It's probably helped him to become the manager he is today, but you also have to bite the bullet at times and change things.

Rafa has made a pigs fucking ear of the first 3 games, regardless of how much he's been pissed on from a height this summer.

How did he make a pigs ear of the game against Spurs exactly?

Was negative shite from minute 1.

Well he had it tactically spot on until the sending off. Spurs didn't have any chances, and we we're frustrating them, with the aim being to hit them later on in the game, and then Jonjo got sent off, and that plan went to shit. Maybe Rafa isn't your type of manager. :lol:

First time we've gone out at this stage in 27 years apparently. Fucking piss poor however you want to cook it.

Out at the first attempt to concentrate on being relegated. Always going to happen. The mood is rock bottom thanks to the owner and manager have tit for tat in the press. I doubt the relationship will recover now, only a matter of time before they part ways.

On brighter news least it's less chance of being humiliated by drawing the mackems in the next round. Thank god that didn't happen.

Rafa stated the reasons for the team in his press conference; A, the first teamers are too important given the fact we're going to be in a relegation battle; B, the players we can't give away needed a final chance for us and for them to get the fuck out. I can't argue with those reasons in these circumstances.

If this was was the 3rd Round of the FAC, and we had a better equipped squad and we were midtable - I'd be very annoyed with the selection.

Team picked wasn't good enough; too many unecessary changes for me although I get the argument for doing so. On top of that it sounds like all the goals were down to individual lapses which compounds that further. It's worrying but not terminal, even more imperative that those rested for the weekend make it count now.