Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Think Maguire is decent but Leicester is about his level. Feel he would be found wanting if he moved to one of the elite clubs. That said I feel the same about Lascelles, although Jamaal seems to have a bit more about him from a mentality point of view which would serve him better.

Maguire is bog standard? ???  He's well above average like.

I don't see it. Good if the balls lumped up, doesn't seem great on the deck with or without the ball, and doesn't seem extra special at reading the game.

He's good in the air, and some of his passing out from the back on the floor to midfielder or attack in the world cup was quite good actually, didn't look poor on the ball at all IMO.  He's not amazing, but still above the average Premier League defender IMO.

Think Maguire is decent but Leicester is about his level. Feel he would be found wanting if he moved to one of the elite clubs. That said I feel the same about Lascelles, although Jamaal seems to have a bit more about him from a mentality point of view which would serve him better.

Lascelles and Maguire would make for a dream combo.

He's good in the air, and some of his passing out from the back on the floor to midfielder or attack in the world cup was quite good actually, didn't look poor on the ball at all IMO.  He's not amazing, but still above the average Premier League defender IMO.

Really, when I watched him in the world cup he was constantly giving the ball away in easy situations.

Lascelles and Maguire would make for a dream combo.

Yeah, sounds good in theory. Never know, might get to see it some day - not at Newcastle like, unless there's significant changes in coming years  :lol:

Phil Jones, despite being utterly tragic, has somehow managed to carve out a career for himself at ManU so why not Maguire

Don't get your feelings like ? Are you saying he's crap but other crappers have got away with it before ?

I'm saying Maguire's at least better than Phil Jones, who has 145 league appearances for ManU.

They've spent all this money trying to replace Ferdinand and Vidic and still haven't been able to find one truly outstanding centreback. Maybe there's just a dearth of quality CBs in world football.

Phil Jones, despite being utterly tragic, has somehow managed to carve out a career for himself at ManU so why not Maguire

I'm just saying, currently I think Leicester is about Maguire's level. I think he would be 'found out' a bit if he made the step up now. I may be wrong.

With the money they have, I don't see why Man U cannot wait and buy Maguire when he's the finished article. I doubt the price could go up that much more for a CH with the attributes Maguire has. They did not buy Rio Ferdinand based on potential.

With the money they have, I don't see why Man U cannot wait and buy Maguire when he's the finished article. I doubt the price could go up that much more for a CH with the attributes Maguire has. They did not buy Rio Ferdinand based on potential.

They have a lot more competition now in the transfer market. If he continues to perform and develop someone else will buy him.

I'm not sure about him, did well for England at the World Cup but as part of a three. Not convinced he's a top level defender.

Would be an interesting move if it does happen. I can't pin down Man United's defense. I believe Smalling is their most consistent started.  Rojo sometimes plays as a CB and right back. Jones is injury prone. Lindelof has flopped. Srs, he has looked awful. Smalling and Maguire could work. Could it win a title? Not sure, but they'd have a better chance than what they currently have

Edit forgot about Baily. If anything, it's competition. Because I think that back three has a chance.

Reliable Foot 365 journalist Nizar Hanini has reported this morning that Premier League side West Ham United have entered the fray to sign free agent Hatem Ben Arfa.

Would be a very West Ham signing, washed up player on high wages likely to be injured half the season having a jolly back at home

Maguire is bog standard? ???  He's well above average like.

I don't see it. Good if the balls lumped up, doesn't seem great on the deck with or without the ball, and doesn't seem extra special at reading the game.

Rio and Gareth Southgate thinks he's good on the ball.

Really, when I watched him in the world cup he was constantly giving the ball away in easy situations.

Nah, that's not true at all. I don't particularly rate the guy but he had a really good pass percentage at the WC. Looked very good on the ball.

Maguire is a  good CB but I mean if he goes for 60-65 then thats insane. I mean Lindelof, who struggled last year for them, looked good at the WC as well so things should be kept in perspective. Mad really. I guess if they believe Bailly-Maguire is the path forward then all the power to them I guess. I know thats a very aggressive center back pairing if nothing else.

Lascelles gotta be worth 45-50 then if Maguire is that much. So Ashley would  do 25  :rant: