Other clubs' transfers

Greg

I like Zaha but like Townsend, it's hard to judge how good he is because Palace had such a topsy turvy season and Benteke couldn't buy a goal. He had a worse season than Joselu. This led to more being asked of Zaha, and may be the main cause of the "big fish in a little pond" or "ball hog" feeling around him.

The fact that Zaha could go from winger to a wideish forward successfully suggests to me that he could also adapt to playing another role in a better team. His skills are not in question.

Guest firetotheworks

£60m for Zaha isn't all that bad at all tbh. He regularly gets goals, assists, and pens and scares the shit out of opposition defenders. It's the mentality side of things that's the only concern considering how different he is when he's the big fish as opposed to a little one.

He is a poor man’s Hazard IMO. £60m is crazy given that’s what Mahrez went for who scores goals and creates them in equal measure, but I can see why someone would pay 60m for him. He looks to me like someone who would excel at Liverpool under someone like Klopp. Chelsea or Spurs I can’t see him developing too much in an attacking sense at either club if I’m honest.

I mean, they're nothing alike, so I'm not sure why you'd compare them, but a poor man's Hazard is probably worth £60m like.

£60m for Zaha, football can fuck off :lol:

Don't Manure have a 50% sell on fee as well? :(

If that's true that's cracking. Less money for Palace to reinvest and push on.

Imagine them selling Zaha for £60m, Man Utd swallowing £30m of it, then spending £26m of the £30m that they receive on Ings. :lol:

Before I heard any numbers I assumed Ings would be leaving for a low number this summer, something like £6m. I just don't see how you can justify much more than that on someone that has barely played in years, and wasn't anything amazing before that. I'm never going to get used to this new transfer market.

If Ings is worth 26m then we should've sold Mitrovic for  at least 50m :lol:

Guest chopey

Stupid fuckers trying to have a good season and give their fans some sort of value for their season ticket money.

Remember that commentator banging on about how good Mawson is for the whole game when we played them earlier this year. He’s totally average

I'd kill for totally average.

Remember that commentator banging on about how good Mawson is for the whole game when we played them earlier this year. He’s totally average

I'd kill for totally average.

But we already have well above average in Lascelles, Lejeune (and hopefuly Schar)!

Ones dead, and if he wasn't  three isn't  enough. Depth.

Digne has always been decent when coming on for us. His problem is that there's just no way to dislodge Alba. He'll do fine at Everton.

This leaves us a bit thin at that position though. No senior backup available unless we use Lenglet or Umtiti. And we should never, never, never, take Umtiti off the center of the defence.

Digne has always been decent when coming on for us. His problem is that there's just no way to dislodge Alba. He'll do fine at Everton.

This leaves us a bit thin at that position though. No senior backup available unless we use Lenglet or Umtiti. And we should never, never, never, take Umtiti off the center of the defence.

Hands off Pauly D

Mawson to Fulham - £20m

Incredible to think that their net spend once that and the Mitro deal goes through will be £76m!

We can't compete with the might of these London clubs we are just a wee club from up north

Mason from Swansea?!

Incredibly bad transfer. The guy is okay for goodness sake, but spending £20m on him is criminal.

I'll take our £3.5m clause guy all day.