Other clubs' transfers

Greg

He's only playing for West Ham because of money anyway, same as when he went to Stoke. Premier League clubs outside the top 6 are only able to attract good players because of the money in the league so can't get too upset when they want to go to China for the money

He's only playing for West Ham because of money anyway, same as when he went to Stoke. Premier League clubs outside the top 6 are only able to attract good players because of the money in the league so can't get too upset when they want to go to China for the money

Aye.

I can't be fucked to argue, but the "he's made enough money" thing is :anguish: to me. They're in an industry where they work for about 5 minutes, and their clubs bring in billions of pounds. There is no reason whatsoever that he shouldn't look to earn his piece of the pie. And there will most certainly be a definite difference in the quality of life he can expect should he settle on 10-15m vs what, 30m+ he'd end up on? Sure, he's rich compared to the masses, but why shouldn't he be?

Has the £10-15m not done that? ???

I was fantasising on my break today whether the £8.2m in tonight’s lotto would be enough to retire and I’m still not sure. Was thinking at least £20m on the Euros would be needed just to make sure.

Eh :lol: It would almost certainly be enough to retire and live comfortably forever! I’d retire with £2m I think.

The PL is a high level of competition. But he's only at Wham for money and London is a nice city to be rich in. Wham are unlikely to win any trophies so he's literally just there for money and to compete in a good division. There's still a chance he could get another crack at the "big time" in Europe which might interest him ala Shaqiri but time isn't on his side.

I couldn't begrudge him a move to China.

£2m after taxes, i'd need to work again without substantial money to fund a large-scale business.

Has the £10-15m not done that? ???

I was fantasising on my break today whether the £8.2m in tonight’s lotto would be enough to retire and I’m still not sure. Was thinking at least £20m on the Euros would be needed just to make sure.

Eh :lol: It would almost certainly be enough to retire and live comfortably forever! I’d retire with £2m I think.

Considering on my current wage I won't get close to 1m before I retire, pretty sure I could manage on that as well :lol:

It all depends on the lifestyle you're imagining spending that money on. Yeah I could probably keep my lifestyle running on that sort of money for the rest of my days. But a footballer's lifestyle?