Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Main reported reason he wants to leave Chelsea is that they won’t offer anything other than a daft length deal FWIW. 

Can’t imagine him coming here for less though. If I was Liverpool I’d be all over it.

3 hours ago, Kanji said:

Imagine City having Grealish, Haaland, Foden and Bellingham as some of their core for years to come. Fucking hell. 

Grealish is considerably older than the others and will be binned before the end of his contract

26 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Liverpool missing out on Bellingham has a similar kind of feel as when we missed out on Modric. Think they'd be wise to break the bank to get him sooner rather than later.

Some clubs have ceilings, you know! 

7 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Grealish is wildly underrated like, it’s really weird :lol:

Might be his hair, it is a bit shit. 

He's a £100m player :lol: I don't think he's underrated like, you'd expect more than a better version of Jonas Guttierez for that money. 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Not sure what Jonas has to do with it ???

A huge part of Grealish's game is carrying the ball, getting fouled and winning free kicks, something that was also a huge part of Jonas's game. 

Grealish receives the ball on the touchline, takes on the fullback - goes past him and hoys himself to the ground or plays it back in support. Rinse and repeat.

He doesn't run in behind like Sterling and Sane. Always ball to feet. They really miss Sterling's runs.

Can't stand the horrible cheat.

Grealish is a brilliant player, absolutely brimful of talent.

He is just in a team now where he's told exactly what to do by his manager, unlike when he was with us and Smith just gave him pretty much free rein to make things happen (I know that is what everyone says, but it is true). As a result, we're seeing a more restrained version of him emerge.

Oddly enough, if he came back to us now, I don't think he'd necessarily do that well under Emery, who is another manager who tells his players exactly what he wants them to do, and I suspect he'd have the same limitations.

What annoys me here is that Man City didn't really need Grealish, they just had to have him, to show they could.

Edited by brummie